Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree144Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    notice someone picked up the ebay 2.2.3 veers, so hopefully we will get some action
    Quote Originally Posted by WinampLlama View Post
    Yes!! The guy listed another one on eBay that's a customer return due to loud whine on calls. The nice thing is, due to the defect, it should be cheaper. I'll try to buy it and then go through the whole backup procedure if I win.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thats not defective... Mine makes that noise as well when you talk with the slider closed
    I won the one he listed with the loud whine. It'll be here Tuesday or Wednesday. If a memboot backup hasn't been made before it gets here, I'll make one then.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Thanks so much for the update! Congrats on winning the veer. Just talk with the slider open and you have a perfect 2.2.3 veer!
    Barry, great news! For some reason we couldn't get remote desktop working with Michael on Ubuntu Linux earlier this week in order to get a memboot backup Would be great if you could make it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Barry, great news! For some reason we couldn't get remote desktop working with Michael on Ubuntu Linux earlier this week in order to get a memboot backup Would be great if you could make it!
    Not a problem for me. It won't be done until later this week, so if you can get one done sooner, then go for it. I do have a question.

Am I reading correctly that I should install the 32 bit Java and 32 bit SDK versions? I'm running x64 Ubuntu.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    dbmgreen likes this.
    Not sure to be honest, I guess you'd just have to test... But 32 bits usually works a little more reliable still
    this would be huge...
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    Seller states (One caveat: not able to create/login palm profile) in the description.

Unlocked HP Veer GSM Phone WebOS 2.2.4 Touch To Share w/ Touchstone | eBay

TTB
    Trovatore likes this.
    One caveat: not able to create/login palm profile
    how is one supposed to use a Veer if you can't login to a palm profile? devmode only? hardly seems like a good trade-off for having 2.2.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    how is one supposed to use a Veer if you can't login to a palm profile? devmode only? hardly seems like a good trade-off for having 2.2.4.
    Was just sharing the info, I'm a bit skeptical. Bet it connects to the dev profile servers, and if someone happens to get it connected to the prod profile servers, they'll likely indicate the device is running version 9.9.9 .....

Could be useful for determining what changes or enhancements HP may have been working on for the Veer prior to dufASS Leo swinging his axe.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/14/2011 at 01:01 AM.
    You wouldn't be able to use RDP, you'd need to use VNC. That should work fine if you guys get a wild hair before mine arrives Weds, or Thurs. Set up VNC server on Michaels machine (in Ubuntu) then you can run the client from Windows on your machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You wouldn't be able to use RDP, you'd need to use VNC. That should work fine if you guys get a wild hair before mine arrives Weds, or Thurs. Set up VNC server on Michaels machine (in Ubuntu) then you can run the client from Windows on your machine.
    That's exactly what we tried already but I couldn't connect to his machine (probably firewall/router issues, even though he said ports were opened/forwarded), together with Live Meeting (he cannot share screen from *nix) and some other options too, all no luck
    What's the reason for using Windows for the backup? Unless rwhitby rolled back my changes to meta doctor to enable the backup target, you can use cygwin for doing the backup.

We used it, 3 times, for the 3 2.x Pixis, under Windows.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    That's exactly what we tried already but I couldn't connect to his machine (probably firewall/router issues, even though he said ports were opened/forwarded), together with Live Meeting (he cannot share screen from *nix) and some other options too, all no luck
    You should try crossloop it works very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Seller states (One caveat: not able to create/login palm profile) in the description.

Unlocked HP Veer GSM Phone WebOS 2.2.4 Touch To Share w/ Touchstone | eBay

Click to view quoted image

TTB
    I wonder if Impostah can fix that...
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    What's the reason for using Windows for the backup? Unless rwhitby rolled back my changes to meta doctor to enable the backup target, you can use cygwin for doing the backup.

We used it, 3 times, for the 3 2.x Pixis, under Windows.
    No meta doctor doesn't work under Cygwin currently I tried with my 2.1.2 Veer and no luck, told me it wasn't supported.. So trying to do it under *nix, however had problems with getting VNC or another tool to connect properly
    Hey everyone
    My veer is 2.2.3, so this one is even more rare. I had a firewall on my wireless router so we can try again tonight if you want Herrie. I also have 64 bit ubuntu so that makes it more difficult as I was trying to put the palm sdk on it last night and having some issues.
    dbmgreen and Trovatore like this.
    When setting up vnc forwading, was the IP address used the one pulled from dhcp while under windows, or the one under linux? In my own dualboot experience linux will often pull a different address from the router than windows did? You can run ifconfig from a terminal when linux to check. :-)
    Just a thought.
    Tried that too Did ifconfig and took that IP, couldn't connect
    Quote Originally Posted by msmitt View Post
    Hey everyone
    My veer is 2.2.3, so this one is even more rare. I had a firewall on my wireless router so we can try again tonight if you want Herrie. I also have 64 bit ubuntu so that makes it more difficult as I was trying to put the palm sdk on it last night and having some issues.
    I'm around, we can give it another try
    dbmgreen and Trovatore like this.
    I'm around, we can give it another try
    For purely selfish reasons, I think that this is a GREAT idea
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Trovatore likes this.