1.    #1  
    My Veer magnetic cable does not work when I try to use it in the cigarette lighter.
    My Pre did work though.
    Any solutions.

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Maybe try a different usb car adapter? We have a couple generic ones--one works to charge my phone with the magnetic cable, the other does not. Both work for other things.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Are you using the official car charging kit for the Veer? For me, only the adapter from that kit will charge the Veer. If I plug the cable into a generic adapter, it won't charge.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    Are you using the official car charging kit for the Veer? For me, only the adapter from that kit will charge the Veer. If I plug the cable into a generic adapter, it won't charge.
    No just a generic charger. Where can I get the official one?

Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    No just a generic charger. Where can I get the official one?
    HP Veer Vehicle Power Charger | HP® Official Store
    I had the same problem with a gereric car charger. The solution is to short-circut the two data pins from the USB connector on the charger.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    I had the same problem with a gereric car charger. The solution is to short-circut the two data pins from the USB connector on the charger.
    Okay. And I do this how?

8.    #8  
    Any more advice on this. I've tried 3 generic usb car chargers, none worked.
    Should I just get a Palm car charger?

Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Okay. And I do this how?
    Open the case of the charger and connect the data pins (should be the two in the middle of the USB connector) using a soldering iron.
    Quote Originally Posted by andreas301 View Post
    Open the case of the charger and connect the data pins (should be the two in the middle of the USB connector) using a soldering iron.
    Thanks, this worked perfectly for me.
    My generic charger/adapter is identified as "Model CX102". Got it from Amazon and had given up on it until now.