Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This information is bound to be useful to someone.

Over the pass few days, I got my new locked Veer. I thought I test out some apps and uberkernel before I unlocked it, so I went into Devmode and played around a bit.

Needless to say, I messed up. So I tried to doctor it back to life. But every combination of things I did, causes doctor to fail at 1% with the error Unable To Reset Phone. Tried it on an XP Pro, Win 7 and XP home, none worked. Even thought one of the window services.msc is causing the problem and enabled all the windows services...

So I got my unlock code today, unlocked the Veer, Palm profiled it and tried to doctor it again.

This time it works like butter.

Well, just thought I share that experience, WebOS Doctor for Veer will only complete its run on an unlocked Veer.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 10/24/2011 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarifying user problem.
    i've doctored both of my locked veers a few times.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    i've doctored both of my locked veers a few times.
    maybe its because u have an AT&T sim card in the phone, i dont.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No. Your information is incorrect.
    i could be wrong. im only started on webos for 2 mths, but if u are rite, i'll get the mod to remove this thread.

i wanna contribute to this great community, but not by posting inaccurate info...
    No need to remove the thread, I will go ahead and update the thread title to more accurately explain your issue.

I will say I doctored an ATT locked Veer with no SIM card in it. It got stuck in boot loop after Palm servers sent the disconnect profile message to the phone after activating a Pre2.

Out of curiosity, were you trying to doctor with the ATT doctor or the EU doctor?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    yup this title is more accurate for my situation, sorry i jumped to concludes...

im using the ATT doctor on a brand new ATT locked veer without a sim card. i really couldnt get it to doctor until i paid for the unlock.

maybe its coincidence, maybe its one of those X-files episode...but im glad u guys dont have to go thru the tedious trial and error process i went thru...