1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I love my veer but there is just one thing I neeed: a virtual keyboard. I understand that based on the size of the screen it is not the wisest thing but all I want to do is avoid opening the slider for a quick search or things like that.

Now, my understanding is that Luna cannot be installed on Veer (but on the Pre3) because an important entry is missing.

My question now is: is there a real chance that it will be possible in the near future to have a VK on the Veer or is there basically no chance?

Thanks!
    In the App catalog get My Home Keyboard. It is great.
    I have it on my Veer and love it.
    It puts an icon in your dash and you can use it as a virtual keyboard or you can open it as an App.
    Developer always answers questions.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Works great. Thanks for info.
  4.    #4  
    Hi,

thanks for your reply and thank for the suggestion.

Can I ask some questions specifically about "My Home Keyboard"? If I want to use the virtual keyboard from this app to search in "just type" that is included in the webos system: do I have to start the app first in the background then type the searchword and copy and paste it into the just type area or is the keyboard coming up to be used immediately?

Also what I wanted to know is how "my Home keyboard" behaves in comparison with the app "WOG O.S.K"? Which one is better?

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Hi,

thanks for your reply and thank for the suggestion.

Can I ask some questions specifically about "My Home Keyboard"? If I want to use the virtual keyboard from this app to search in "just type" that is included in the webos system: do I have to start the app first in the background then type the searchword and copy and paste it into the just type area or is the keyboard coming up to be used immediately?

Also what I wanted to know is how "my Home keyboard" behaves in comparison with the app "WOG O.S.K"? Which one is better?

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
    No cutting or pasting needed in MHK (My Home Keyboard).

Don't know about "WOG O.S.K.

Please help me, i cant found MHK, can you send me the ipk file????? i really ned a vk........thanks!!!!!
    sorry...i have a Hp Veer...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardedi View Post
    Please help me, i cant found MHK, can you send me the ipk file????? i really ned a vk........thanks!!!!!
    its in the app catalog (not preware) for 4.99 so no he cant sent you the file.
    Hey guys, don't know how you missed this but here is the thread you need:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...-keyboard.html
    as far as I know that's no longer in preware. I think the virtual keyboard actually became the MHK.
  11.    #11  
    But the patch is not yet working on a veer as far as i know, right?
    Yes it is working on veers...im using it right now ...
    And its better than the home keyboard...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post
    Have to disagree with you as I've used them both and My Home Keyboard in the App catalog works and runs much better, plus it has more options.

Quote Originally Posted by kaz89 View Post

hey guys. sorry to bother, i've just been having a lot of trouble with installing this patch. i don't know why. i'm running an updated 2.10 veer. i really want to get this thing installed but i have no idea how. i've downloaded the luna.conf.patch but it doesn't seem to install to the phone using preware. i also don't know what to do with the vkB.sh file that came in the zip. where/how does one install that?

sorry....novice in the corner
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopable96 View Post
    hey guys. sorry to bother, i've just been having a lot of trouble with installing this patch. i don't know why. i'm running an updated 2.10 veer. i really want to get this thing installed but i have no idea how. i've downloaded the luna.conf.patch but it doesn't seem to install to the phone using preware. i also don't know what to do with the vkB.sh file that came in the zip. where/how does one install that?

how to install the VKB.sh: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3239164
    Quote Originally Posted by unstopable96 View Post

Use webos quick install to install the luna.conf.patch... And the command line in the webos quick install to install the vkb.sh ... Just follow the instructions step by step and it ll be working

Can you please post a screenshot of the virtual keyboard patch and/or My Home Keyboard? Thanks!
    i installed the vkb.sh, but how do you use it? there's no application to activate it nor does it come out when i want to type something. does this really work on veers?
    the gesture to activate the virtual keyboard is the wave launcher gesture. swipe up from the gesture area onto the screen, then hold a moment. on the downside, if you used the wave launcher before, it's gone now. I never used it, though I thought it was visually 'neat', so no problem for me.