1.    #1  
    Hi,
    what is the best way to send photos from a Touchpad to a Veer? Both are synced over Bluetooth but I can't find a simple option to just transfer a file. Maybe I'm just too blind?
    Only other way I can think of is to email the photos to myself and then open that email with the Veer to download the attachment. But there must be an easier way than this. Maybe an App in the catalogue?
    Thanks for your help!
    I would use box.net
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would use box.net
    Thank you for the quick reply! Using Box.net might work but it would always require an Internet connection. I was hoping that a simple Bluetooth file transfer would somehow be possible. HP didn't think of this?
    install freetether on your veer, and you always have an internet connection!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks again! But I'm not on an unlimited plan (I'm on China Unicom) and have limited traffic. But I guess you're also confirming that there is no simple file transfer via Bluetooth then and it would always require additional programs and an internet connection? I thought that a simple transfer would be standard by now - HP never stops to surprise me.

I will just email my files to myself. Thanks again for your suggestions! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I would use box.net
    Which clients for box.net do work on the HP Veer?
    in my opinion is the connectivity between the TP & its smartphones
    unfortunately until this is addressed, the system is incomplete
    we all await an upgrade to webOS for the Veer that will allow this without using clumsy workarounds

a Box client is available in the Apps catalog, but it requires a WiFi connection & is relatively slow as it requires a download from the cloud

TTS was such an appealing promise & from what I understand, the Veer's hardware is capable

providing the software fix is critical if HP is to succeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    a Box client is available in the Apps catalog, but it requires a WiFi connection & is relatively slow as it requires a download from the cloud
    I think there are only boxailicious and box.net. The former is also available in a free versione while the latter no. Any other clients?
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    TTS was such an appealing promise & from what I understand, the Veer's hardware is capable
    Touch To Share is not capable of transporting images. It can only send a single URL between the two devices... It could have been something special, but currently it is fairly useless in my opinion.

You could install a webserver or even an SFTP server on either of the devices and use that over a local Wi-Fi connection... this would be very nerdy.

No, webOs can't do such things as bluetooth file transfer... something long complained about... but for some secret reason Palm had the idea to implement its own bluetooth stack which is very much limited (even in the parts it is supposed to do). It would have been much better to just use blueZ and build a frontend for that...