1.    #1  
    Opened up system updates and it says 2.1.2 is available for download even though i already have it?
  2.    #2  
    Installed it and got google maps back?
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    i got the same message last nite when i did a system update check, the file is about 1mb, states vaguely preformance improvement.

the update is not available on my black original kernel veer, but only on my white uberkernelled veer (yah i got 2 veers, im crazy like that...)

i didnt install it, wat gives?
    i noticed it and installed (after uninstalling my theme, updating patch list, and running epr). i went straight to sms and it's definitely faster. no lag at all.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I had the same thing a couple of days ago. It was a 3MB update for me. Not sure what has changed except that I got Google Maps back. I have a white Veer.
    sigh. i have google maps back also. i know some folks were unhappy with bing maps, but i preferred it.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    sigh. i have google maps back also. i know some folks were unhappy with bing maps, but i preferred it.
    You can just redownload it from the store.
    just saw it. will put up a "thanks" later. on the mobile site.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    You can just redownload it from the store.
    But it will revert to Google maps on every luna or full reboot of the phone.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    But it will revert to Google maps on every luna or full reboot of the phone.
    Hmmm...you're right. That sucks.

EDIT: I removed Google maps from the command line with ipkg remove and then installed Bing maps and it remained through a restart and Luna restart.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 10/21/2011 at 07:58 PM.
    just received a note saying I can do a 1mb update
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    my uberkerneled veer is asking for a update, it's a att, unlocked already at 2.1.2 an saying that are small software improvements... and this appeared today....

well turns out that it's the bing maps killer... time to delete the official gmaps, download bing and get gmaps from preware...
    Last edited by padula; 06/23/2012 at 10:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    My veer as 2.1.2 with bing map. ATT send an update for 2.1.2 (same as i already have) After the update, bing map is gone and google map is back...
    My problem is that google map don't start but display a message with a link to update the map application. The link is for HP store. The application can't be install, only launch...now i'm stuck in a bad loop.

any solution...that does not include doctor on 2.2.4 ( don't fill to do it now)

thank you.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    well what i did was use internalz to remove the maps folder of the system apps folder....
    after a reboot bing maps came back....
    Hi guys!

I have been getting this strange message from my veer for the last week too. I thought it may be a bug of some kind, so i re-booted the Veer several times, but the message keeps popping out. Here is a screenshot:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This thing is really a little strange cause i am already running webos 2.1.2 (build 2296) ... By the way my Veer is an unlocked at&t.

For those who have updated .. which is the buid of this new update? Did you have any problems using the phone after the update? Any strange new bug?
    Guys, I also updated to the already-existing 2.1.2 and I think I lost Preware and anything else installed. But I cannot be sure as I turned it on after a long time, perhaps I did doctor it. Or perhaps the phone rebooted in Luna?

In any case, the Maps stock application also prompted me to get to a page to update, but to no avail.

I first tried to uninstall it via Preware. Then rebooted. The icon was still there/opening it prompted me to that page.

With Internalz I went to /usr/palm/applications/ and removed com.palm.app.maps and rebooted. The stock app didn't return. I downloaded the Google Maps effort from Preware which works fine.

Now however, in Software Manager I am getting an empty entry in "Other" category that I cannot remove: v3.1.32 and size unknown.

Can anyone assist? Is this some ipkg or receipt that I need to remove?

(thanks for the Internalz tip, Padula!)