Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By michel_ng
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    Ive been looking around the forums and the only threads that I find that discuss the veer and skype are old or before the most recent updates. I am pretty set on getting a veer over ebay, but I need have skype compatibility. Can someone just give me a simple, yes/no answer. If I upgrade my phone to latest firmware does skype work 'natively' on it?
    Thanks
    Skype support will propably be included in the coming v2.2.3 firmware for Veer
    Tatobest likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    Which is to say, it does not do Skype right now.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by michel_ng View Post
    HP tech support told me yesterday that 2.2.3 is floating around but still an open issue whether it will ever appear on the Veer.
    Senior member of the webos dev team said some time ago that the telcos don't want to support EOL products--this may or may not have changed.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the quick replies.
    Its a pity, I wasnt hoping for that answer.

ok, if there is no native way of doing it, are there any other possibilities? I was reading a post that was talking about porting the pre3 version over to the veer, but I could force myself to read all 11 pages...

Any advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    HP tech support told me yesterday that 2.2.3 is floating around but still an open issue whether it will ever appear on the Veer.
    Senior member of the webos dev team said some time ago that the telcos don't want to support EOL products--this may or may not have changed.
    Which is weird. Why on earth can't they just have an agreement that AT&T if they hear "Veer" problems ask people to call HP directly? They don't even need to "support" the EOL device.
  7.    #7  
    Anyone|? Im this close |-| to getting on one ebay. So long as there is a working workaround I would be happy.
    Please let me know
    Thanks