1.    #1  
    Hi folks, I started a thread on the AT&T forums about the rumored Touch to Share update HP has ready for the Veer. I thought the more people who posted requesting this update the b=more AT&T might notice.
    Thanks
    Veer OS updates? - AT&T Community Support
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Well done.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    It would make my day if we could get the Veer update on the same day as the TouchPad update.
    You can pressure all you want, doubt they do anything to a phone they consider EOL.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    It may be EOL (let's be honest, the TP and Pre3 specifically never began life) but it was advertised to have features implemented such als TTS that are still missing. Since advertising claims are binding in several countries you would expect them to have to follow through.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    TP technically had a month and change long life. Pre3, never released by carrier.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I just checked System Updates for the heck of it and it says "Unable to connect. Try again later".... Hmmm....

EDIT: Weird, I just got a 3MB update for 2.1.2...

EDIT: Just installed it, but can't tell what's different. Now it says I'm up to date? I guess nothing is different because it still says I'm on build 2296.
    Last edited by Tikerz; 10/18/2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikerz View Post
    I just checked System Updates for the heck of it and it says "Unable to connect. Try again later".... Hmmm....
    You sure it's not just a dodgy connection? My Wi-Fi Veer says up to date.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I got the update notice as well. Installed it, nothing changed.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Installing my 1MB "update" to 2.1.2.
    I still got compilation NR 2296
    this is good news no? At least it means they are approving some updates. I'm in australia and just looked at my veer which says it has an updated too.

Maybe it's a fix to the southern hempisphere gps issue here's to hoping.

I'd love TTS though.
    main comment, had to reinstall maps as it went back to google maps. I prefer bing maps. I suspect that this update brings native enyo support as opposed to install via maps update. Just a thought.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Wow, Google Maps is back!
    Great, as Bing Maps does not works in my country.
    I will try GPS later