webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > FREE UNLOCK CODE from ATT
FREE UNLOCK CODE from ATT
Like Tree9Likes

Old 10/17/2011, 09:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Just call their 18003310500 and then hit 2 and then # all the way to get you to customer representative

- For everyone (not just ATT customer)
- Provide IMEI.
- Unlock Code for some phones may not be in the database YET. (the customer rep told me that all the code will come within a month. just be patient.)
hkgolden1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by greekfood, Emmanuel Juarez and joao fragoso like this.
Old 10/18/2011, 02:29 AM   #2 (permalink)

confirmed 5 phones unlocked for free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgolden1988 View Post

Just call their 18003310500 and then hit 2 and then # all the way to get you to customer representative

- For everyone (not just ATT customer)
- Provide IMEI.
- Unlock Code for some phones may not be in the database YET. (the customer rep told me that all the code will come within a month. just be patient.)
cyberwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 03:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

WOW, that's great news!!!!

Do you guys think that would work for people in foreign countries as well?
I'm in Georgia and about to order my HP Veer, as I love my Pre2 and want another HP phone.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 03:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

does ur method applies to people that are not ATT customers?

i have tried to obtain the unlock code before, calling the international support line, i am not an ATT customer, but the cust rep said they could not find my imei in the system.

btw for our veers, the imei on the box and phone are different...i think there is an additional 2 numbers somewhere, cant rem which is the correct one.
multiply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post

Do you guys think that would work for people in foreign countries as well?
I'm in Georgia and about to order my HP Veer, as I love my Pre2 and want another HP phone.
Does anyone have an answer for this?
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 05:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Odd, I seem to remember one unlock profiting member from this community calling shenanigans on this from AT&t not too long ago. I won't mention a name though, I'm better off holding my breath. Thanks OP!
zefyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 01:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well i'm a customer so I'm not sure if it is diff if you aren't a customer. I called the 916 int'l support line one time and the toll free regular num the other time.

i used the IMEI on the box, the phone adds two digits at the end if you use the *#06# method.

good luck everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiply View Post
does ur method applies to people that are not ATT customers?

i have tried to obtain the unlock code before, calling the international support line, i am not an ATT customer, but the cust rep said they could not find my imei in the system.

btw for our veers, the imei on the box and phone are different...i think there is an additional 2 numbers somewhere, cant rem which is the correct one.
cyberwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkgolden1988 View Post

No luck for me... They said that they don't have the unlock codes for the IMEI of my Veer, and HP has to give them the unlock codes. I will try again in a few weeks...
demichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/18/2011, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

the op is mistaken. This does not work for the pre 3 either. Maybe in the future
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/21/2011, 01:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

i got my white veer 2 days ago, called the att 1800 line via skype (for free) from singapore. the csr found my imei but was surprised he could not find the unlock code for it. he opened a ticket for me and said he will escalate the case to his engineer, pending response latest by 26th oct.

so there is a chance this might work. i'll wait till next wed to see if they have the unlock code.

*** Call US 1800 numbers from overseas for free using Skype ***
yup, it can be done, but u have to buy credits for your skype service 1st.
i topped up my skype service with US$10 via paypal so when u dial the 1800 number in US, no credits are deducted.
so rem to top up ur skype service 1st.
Old 10/21/2011, 03:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Multiply... This is the exact same situation I had with my pre 3. The mods should change this thread title
Old 10/21/2011, 10:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

i just got this in the emails, guess they dont have it

------------------------
To: -
Subject: Subsidy Device Unlock Request

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "OKCQSubsidyUnlock" AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.

Dear AT&T Valued Customer,

We recently received your request for the unlock code on the following device:

EMAIL: -
CASE: CM20111018-
MOBILE: Non-ATT
MANUFACTURER: HP
MODEL: P160UNA
IMEI: -

Due to the age or the brand of your device, the unlock code is no longer available in the AT&T database. Device unlock codes are programmed into the device at the time of manufacture. If the unlock code is not in our database, AT&T must contact the manufacturer of the device to obtain the unlock code.

Accordingly, we have attempted to contact the original manufacturer of your device to obtain the unlock code on your behalf. Unfortunately, our efforts in obtaining the unlock code from the manufacturer were not successful. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Please reconfirm the first 15 digits of your IMEI by typing *#06# on your device’s keypad. If the IMEI number listed above does not match, please contact AT&T Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 and reference the case number shown above.

For information about upgrading to a new AT&T device please go to att.com/wireless or call Customer Care at 1-800-331-0500 or 001-916-843-4685 if outside of the U.S.

Thank you for contacting AT&T Mobility. We appreciate your business.
Old 10/21/2011, 10:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

that is not good news
Old 10/22/2011, 03:34 AM   #14 (permalink)

Hey guys, I had called up AT&T a few days ago, and asked for the unlock code as suggested by hkgolden1988. The rep asked for my IMEI number and had said that it was unlockable but that she didn't see the unlock code in her system at that point. She made a request/case/ticket and took my contact details. I got an email today from them with the unlock code (I removed last 5 digits in three places):

Subject: Subsidy Device Unlock Request

-----------------------------------------------

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO "OKCQSubsidyUnlock" AS ALL MESSAGES SENT TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED WITHOUT BEING READ. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE 1-800-331-0500 FOR ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.

BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO USE THE UNLOCK CODE BELOW PLEASE VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE’S KEYPAD. THE UNLOCK CODE IS SPECIFIC TO THE IMEI. IF YOUR IMEI DOES NOT MATCH THE IMEI BELOW PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE, DO NOT USE THIS CODE AS IT COULD PERMANENTLY LOCK YOUR HANDSET.

EMAIL: (removed)
CASE: CM20111018_295(removed last 5 digits)
MOBILE: Non-ATT
MANUFACTURER: HP
MODEL: P160UNA
IMEI: 0126040006(removed last 5 digits)
UNLOCK CODE: 972(removed last 5 digits)

NOTE:
The customer only has five (5) tries to unlock the phone.
If this process is unsuccessful five times in a row, the phone will be permanently locked to the AT&T network.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Device Unlock Steps

1 Power off device and remove AT&T SIM card.
2 Insert SIM card from another wireless carrier.
Power on the device.
Wait approximately 30 seconds until the SimLock application appears. The delay may be longer if the user has already attempted to unlock with the wrong code.
4 Enter the unlock code in the blank field.
Press OK.

If the unlock code is incorrect, an error dialog appears. After pressing OK on this dialog, the user has to re-enter the unlock code after delays (see above in Device Specific Information).
If the unlock code is correct, a success dialog appears.
Press OK.
The device is now unlocked and should continue booting.

Thank you for contacting AT&T Mobility. We appreciate your business.

-----------------------------------------------

Later I thought why wait till I get a response on this one to see if I should request unlock codes for my other two Veers, it's not like it costs anything, and so I went ahead and requested them. I made two calls, one for each phone. I found that of the three phones I requested, one of them was showing 'AT&T exclusive' on their end, and the rep didn't offer to take a request for it. I asked her to, nevertheless, and she did. Let's see how it goes.

Last edited by mrasgar; 10/24/2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Removed my email address
mrasgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: kostka
Old 10/22/2011, 03:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

Post a lengthy reply and forget the most important detail of course: I tried the unlock code and instructions they provided for the first phone, and it worked. I'm now using the Veer with my local (Airtel) carrier.
mrasgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2011, 05:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

interesting, equal chances of striking jackpot

oh ur email address is totally visible in ur email attachment, consider removing it
Old 10/22/2011, 06:22 AM   #17 (permalink)

thanks so much! So there is a glimmer of hope on this one!
Old 10/23/2011, 11:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

I only have one veer in black left that is needed to be unlocked... i got all the unlock codes for all except that one. Just be patient. Unlock codes will come soon.
hkgolden1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 12:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

OK called AT&T for a White and Black Veer. They had the unlock code available for the White Veer already, the Black one will only be available in December she said. Took me about 12 minutes on the phone for EUR 0,05/minute so that's about EUR 0,60 for an unlock code
Herrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 05:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
APV

Hmmm...

I just contacted them and was told that they didn't have a code for my device, and couldn't send a ticket in because I didn't have an AT&T account, and that HP never gives AT&T unlock codes.

I'll try again.

[edit] So I tried again and the different rep made the case for me while I was still on the phone, and he says I should get an unlock code within 1-2 business days. Awesome!

So if you're told they can't give it to you, try again!

Last edited by APV; 10/24/2011 at 05:51 PM.
APV is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0