Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
    so can we international ppl and none att customer call them?
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    so can we international ppl and none att customer call them?
    Yes, I'm in NL and called them and was able to get 1 unlock code (2nd I couldn't get until December they said, but used Dogbert's unlock for that )
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes, I'm in NL and called them and was able to get 1 unlock code (2nd I couldn't get until December they said, but used Dogbert's unlock for that )
    yea awesome. Just got off the phone with an att rep and she made a case number for me. She said I will get an email in 10 days for the unlock code. Google voice just saved me again from an international call hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    yea awesome. Just got off the phone with an att rep and she made a case number for me. She said I will get an email in 10 days for the unlock code. Google voice just saved me again from an international call hahaha
    I got it right away, took 10-15 minutes and 5 cents a minute, but still cheap compared to most other solutions Dogberts solution works fine too by the way
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I got it right away, took 10-15 minutes and 5 cents a minute, but still cheap compared to most other solutions Dogberts solution works fine too by the way
    well when she checked for the code she said It was eligible for an unlock code. However, it is not in the system at the moment tho.
    just make sure they make a case other wise it's a waste of time. I also find if you have a at&t acct the reps will be much more helpful. So make sure you can use a friend's number or get a go phone sim. I got mine in 2 weeks not months.
    Where on the box is the EMAI? I was not able to find it on the box. Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    Where on the box is the EMAI? I was not able to find it on the box. Please help!
    It should be on the side of the box along with a bunch of other numbers. It should say IMEI on it.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Quote Originally Posted by sububby View Post
    just make sure they make a case other wise it's a waste of time. I also find if you have a at&t acct the reps will be much more helpful. So make sure you can use a friend's number or get a go phone sim. I got mine in 2 weeks not months.
    as for me not an att customer she told me It would take 10 days or so to get the code into my email. Don't know if I would be able to get it early.
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    It should be on the side of the box along with a bunch of other numbers. It should say IMEI on it.
    I think I tore off the packaging and the EMAI from side as well How does the EMEI on box differ from EMAI on the phone?
    I think I tore off the packaging and the EMAI from side as well How does the EMEI on box differ from EMAI on the phone?
    If you mean the IMEI on the mirror on the slider there is no difference. For the "Device Info" IMEI that will have two extra digits appended to the end of the number.
    Sent from my brain using my fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by hkgolden1988 View Post
    FREE UNLOCK CODE from ATT

Just call their 18003310500 and then hit 2 and then # all the way to get you to customer representative

- For everyone (not just ATT customer)
    - Provide IMEI.
    - Unlock Code for some phones may not be in the database YET. (the customer rep told me that all the code will come within a month. just be patient.)
    I'm trying to call the "18003310500 and then hit 2 and then # all the way to get you to customer representative", but I assume there is something wrong in what I'm doing. I'm not able to reach someone to talk with but an automatic message always ask for my phone number. Is there any other number to call, or something else I should do when I call 18003310500?

Thank you
    Mattia
    VERIFY THE FIRST 15 DIGITS OF YOUR IMEI BY TYPING *#06# ON YOUR PHONE’S KEYPAD. Your phone adds two extra digits at the end compared to the IMEI on the box
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    I asked AT&T for unlock codes for 2 devices. After days of calls, some confused people, they finally told me they could not provide them.

I ended up using Dogbert's method and it worked like a charm for my trip to Central America.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up. I got my unlock code, but the instructions aren't working for me.

Can anybody tell me where I input the unlock code?

I haven't used my Veer for months, so the SIM has been back in my old Android phone (I'd be on the Veer still if I could use Skype and Whatsapp). I tried putting the SIM back in the veer, booting it, powering it off, removing the SIM and booting it again, but it never asks me to enter an unlock code.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    Last edited by lunged; 11/21/2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: clarification
    Quote Originally Posted by lunged View Post
    Thanks for the heads up. I got my unlock code, but the instructions aren't working for me.

Can anybody tell me where I input the unlock code?

I haven't used my Veer for months, so the SIM has been back in my old Android phone (I'd be on the Veer still if I could use Skype and Whatsapp). I tried putting the SIM back in the veer, booting it, powering it off, removing the SIM and booting it again, but it never asks me to enter an unlock code.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    You need to have a sim from a different carrier in the phone. A sim from ATT won't work...
    Just called AT&T Customer Service from Indonesia. After calling the other number, I just know that number just for office working time (in US), at the end of IVR they gave another number: 18668013600, so I called that number. Talk to very patient and kind AT&T representative, and she give unlock code to me directly. Only took 15 minutes

Thanks for this thread. Really help me
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    worked great I was done in 5minutes....kostka you are awesome.. I called a couple months ago and could not get it ... today no problem
    I called ATT about something bill related and got it resolved. Then asked out of the blue if I could get an unlock code. 'Steve' said he would look and gave me one for my Veer! I've only been with ATT for a short while, not 90 days. So you might call them up and try again if you haven't had any luck. Happy Festivus!
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Just called a few hours ago:

Got an unlock code for my White Veer. For the Black Veer, no unlock code in the system. They have to go get one. They took down my info.

For the Pre3, no unlock code was given due to exclusivity.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast