Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    How can you check a verizon email account (verizon is internet provider) with the att veer (att cell provider)? I convinced someone to swtich to the veer but I am unable to set up the veer to check their verizon email account. I would appreciate any assitence..Thanks
    Last edited by dianaml; 10/16/2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    it's unlikely that the email can't be configured, there is nothing about AT&T vs Verizon in this equation - you just need to know the setup information.

if the email app doesn't automatically configure based on the email address you will need to dig into the support information available at the Verizon/ISP site on how to configure for whatever kind of email they have (POP, IMAP?).

There should be details on exactly how to do it - server names or IP addresses, port numbers. then on the Veer you can Manually Configure and enter all that information.

Good Luck
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shrxwin View Post
    it's unlikely that the email can't be configured, there is nothing about AT&T vs Verizon in this equation - you just need to know the setup information.

if the email app doesn't automatically configure based on the email address you will need to dig into the support information available at the Verizon/ISP site on how to configure for whatever kind of email they have (POP, IMAP?).

There should be details on exactly how to do it - server names or IP addresses, port numbers. then on the Veer you can Manually Configure and enter all that information.

Good Luck
    Thanks for the information.