1.    #1  
    Hi everyone! In the next days i am going to get a Veer and since i am new to webOS i was wondering what was the difference between a "full erase" and a "secure full erase". Here (AT&T HP Veer 4G* - Reset (full erase)) i saw an animated guide that teches you what is the pathway to do both of these kind of "erase". Actually the animation guides you to do the "secure full erase".
    However, in what situation should i prefer to do a "full erase" and not a "secure full erase" or viceversa? Do they take about the same amount of time? Or one of the two is a "longer" process?

Thanks in advance.
    Secure if you're selling.
    Regular if you're going to keep using it.

Secure overwrites ALL the data on the phone and regular just removes that part that says where and how big the files are.

Oh, and secure will be MUCH longer! The regular only takes a few seconds.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mnm1200 View Post
    Secure if you're selling.
    Regular if you're going to keep using it.
    And if i am going to activate the veer following this (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html) tutorial. At step 15 it is mentioned to erase the Veer. "Full erase" or "secure full erase"?

Quote Originally Posted by mnm1200 View Post
    Oh, and secure will be MUCH longer! The regular only takes a few seconds.
    Much longer .... like 15 minutes?
    Full erase is enough in all situations where you want to keep the phone and also in this tutorial.

From what I understood full erase and "secure full erase" basically do the same things. But secure full erase will write garbage to the file system and remove it again sometimes to make sure that your data can't be restored from block level. So you really should not do that regularly. But maybe I'm wrong here... not so sure...

anyway full erase is enough in every situation where you want to keep the device.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Full erase is enough in all situations where you want to keep the phone and also in this tutorial.

From what I understood full erase and "secure full erase" basically do the same things. But secure full erase will write garbage to the file system and remove it again sometimes to make sure that your data can't be restored from block level. So you really should not do that regularly. But maybe I'm wrong here... not so sure...

anyway full erase is enough in every situation where you want to keep the device.
    Thanks a lot for your reply! Now i know what to do ;-)