1.    #1  
    hi everybody! I wasn't a webOS fan until I got my touchpad and now I got a 2nd webOS device!
    I've just brought the veer and was wondering what is the best approach to use it on US t-mobile and tethering it to my touchpad. My first question is the veer has no mobile service, should I unlock and use t-mobile sim card before setting up a profile or borrow a at&t sim and activate the profile? Also I read on this forum that there might be a OTA update to veer should I wait before unlocking? Finally I know T-Mobile can't do 4g but 2g speed, can the veer tether via WiFi?
    Thank you all!
    long live webos!!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sububby View Post
    hi everybody! I wasn't a webOS fan until I got my touchpad and now I got a 2nd webOS device!
    I've just brought the veer and was wondering what is the best approach to use it on US t-mobile and tethering it to my touchpad. My first question is the veer has no mobile service, should I unlock and use t-mobile sim card before setting up a profile or borrow a at&t sim and activate the profile? Also I read on this forum that there might be a OTA update to veer should I wait before unlocking? Finally I know T-Mobile can't do 4g but 2g speed, can the veer tether via WiFi?
    Thank you all!
    long live webos!!
    I believe that updates wont remove unlocks, i havent heard otherwise

you can do either, unlock and use t-mobile sim card or borrow an att sim and activate a profile

you should be able to tether over wifi using freetether... I wouldn't know as I never tried it
    I agree with the poster above me however, I would suggest you activate your profile via at&t first by borrowing it from a friend or going to at&t store. For some strange reason activation of profile has to be done via 3G connection and not wifi. there are ways of getting around it but if you can go to an at&t store this can be fixed rather easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I agree with the poster above me however, I would suggest you activate your profile via at&t first by borrowing it from a friend or going to at&t store. For some strange reason activation of profile has to be done via 3G connection and not wifi. there are ways of getting around it but if you can go to an at&t store this can be fixed rather easily.
    That's odd... I've unlocked my Veer (after playing around with it in Dev mode before I got my code in the last DigitalUnlock group buy), and I was able to setup a Palm Profile using my T-Mobile SIM. Since the Veer doesn't support T-Mo 3G, I had to setup my profile on EDGE. The only variable I've encountered is that I used a "full reset" after SIM-unlocking, so I could get the "Dr. Skipped Firstuse" profile out of the phone. So far, the only problems I've encountered is that Mobile Hotspot can't get a 'net connection (which FreeTether should replace), Maps takes a long time to get a GPS lock (but from what I've read, it can do that), and the App Catalog won't accept my debit card (wonderful PMT04001 error). Other than those quibbles, my Veer works very well, and is my current favorite phone.
    Kinda stinks that T-Mobile is the only carrier in the US that offers a discount rate for bringing your own GSM device. If AT&T offered the same, I'd use their network to take advantage of the "4G" data. I know that H2O Wireless (AT&T prepaid MVNO) does offer cheap rates that will work, but I get a better overall rate for the family plan I have on T-Mo.
    hola nesecito ayuda compre una hp veer la traje a colombia y no puedo crearle el usuario porque me dien que tiene que ser con la simcard de la compaņia a que se lo compre en este caso at&t me pregunto hay una forma de saltarse ese paso del registro?
    Hi I need Help Buy A hp and veer and Colombia brought one I can not create you tell me the user because you have to have to be with the SIM card of the company that the purchase in this case AT & T I wonder if there is a way to skip that step of the registry?
    I fail to make out the devmode in my hp veer and put the number and nothing I say as I solve