Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've bought an AT&T Veer through eBay, but it has a hardware problem. When I make a call with the slider open, there's noise on my end, and with the slider closed there's noise on the other end.

All audio tests came back positive, so I think that somehow the mic records radio-waves when the slider is closed and when it's open the speaker picks up that same noise.
    I've tried to solve the issue with help from HP/Palm support, but when they finally came to the conclusion it has to be a hardware problem (which I told them from the beginning..), they told me there's nothing they can do because:
    1) it's a US device so EU support can't repair it
    2) US support can't issue a repair order for a EU citizen.

Now I'm thinking about repairing it myself, but I would like to know a bit more about the internals before I open it up and void the warranty. Any hardware guru's around to point me in the right direction?

Will also try to contact the eBay seller, but I don't think that will result in anything good since I already had the phone for a month.
    Last edited by W0153R; 10/14/2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: readability
    doctor it.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Already tried that. It's a hardware issue.

Now I'm thinking about it, maybe the EU software has some different driver settings, don't think it will make a difference, but will try a meta-doctored EU firmware tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    I've bought an AT&T Veer through eBay, but it has a hardware problem. When I make a call with the slider open, there's noise on my end, and with the slider closed there's noise on the other end.

All audio tests came back positive, so I think that somehow the mic records radio-waves when the slider is closed and when it's open the speaker picks up that same noise.
    I've tried to solve the issue with help from HP/Palm support, but when they finally came to the conclusion it has to be a hardware problem (which I told them from the beginning..), they told me there's nothing they can do because:
    1) it's a US device so EU support can't repair it
    2) US support can't issue a repair order for a EU citizen.

Now I'm thinking about repairing it myself, but I would like to know a bit more about the internals before I open it up and void the warranty. Any hardware guru's around to point me in the right direction?

Will also try to contact the eBay seller, but I don't think that will result in anything good since I already had the phone for a month.
    you have 45 days to file a pp dispute so don't delay!