webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert
Free Veer Unlock by Dogbert
Like Tree28Likes

Old 10/13/2011, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

By Dogbert:
Dogbert's Blog: Unlocker for Palm Pre GSM Phones

Re: Veer unlock:
Quote:
- I probably need a few more days to get it working.
So wait a bit before spending your $ on DigitalUnlock or JIC Tech.
Much better to donate a few $ to someone who is doing it for free.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 07/01/2012 at 03:23 PM.
GuyFromNam is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rnp, ashi and devil.insulted like this.
Old 10/13/2011, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

I so happy, because dogber1 is come here. impatient waiting news.
iotsose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 04:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

people like me look like fools even though we spent just half($17) of the original digitalunlock, price. I still have 3 unlock codes lying with me, which I bought as a spare.
st_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_7 View Post
people like me look like fools even though we spent just half($17) of the original digitalunlock, price. I still have 3 unlock codes lying with me, which I bought as a spare.
There are many people who cannot get the DIAG drivers installed correctly on their machine, for one reason or another.
Make no mistake about it: the DigitalUnlock solution is hassle free.
Some people take hours finding their way along the DIAG route. I wish I could be more positive, but I used to help these people find their way

Look here for reference:
http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...equencies.html

Just be glad you didn't buy a TouchPad for € 579, one week before it was sold at a firesale price of $149.
Old 10/13/2011, 05:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
There are many people who cannot get the DIAG drivers installed correctly on their machine, for one reason or another.
Make no mistake about it: the DigitalUnlock solution is hassle free.
Some people take hours finding their way along the DIAG route. I wish I could be more positive, but I used to help these people find their way

Look here for reference:
http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...equencies.html

Just be glad you didn't buy a TouchPad for 579, one week before it was sold at a firesale price of $149.
my disappointment with my veer purchase & (extra)unlock codes is that I can't get data working on this phone(2g&3g), no matter what I try, I tried digitalunlock's carrierdb.json editor as well as changing ownership of carrierdb.json file by chmod 777 command as suggested by one of the member, but data doesn't work. I've bought extra codes thinking I would buy veers for my friends(suggest them to buy), but after seeing data not working with veer, i restrained my self to do so. So, now 3 extra codes lying around wasted.
Old 10/13/2011, 05:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
my disappointment with my veer purchase & (extra)unlock codes is that I can't get data working on this phone(2g&3g), no matter what I try, I tried digitalunlock's carrierdb.json editor as well as changing ownership of carrierdb.json file by chmod 777 command as suggested by one of the member, but data doesn't work. I've bought extra codes thinking I would buy veers for my friends(suggest them to buy), but after seeing data not working with veer, i restrained my self to do so. So, now 3 extra codes lying around wasted.
So basically (a) your problem is not with any Veer unlock, (b) nor with the price you paid for it, but (c) with the basic functionality of the HP Veer itself, which (d) your unlock provider has tried to help you with at no cost.
So... all you want is a bit of attention in this thread?
;-)
Old 10/13/2011, 05:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

I could have atleast saved around 40$ that is around 2000 indian rupees.I paid 120$ for an unlocked Veer in Ebay :-(
Only consolation is that the phone hardware is worth more than 120$
vijay_raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 05:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

It seems the Veer is far more popular in India than the iPhone?
I read an article the other stating only 62,000 iPhones were sold in India last quarter.
Old 10/13/2011, 05:52 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_raptor View Post
I could have atleast saved around 40$ that is around 2000 indian rupees.I paid 120$ for an unlocked Veer in Ebay :-(
+1 here.
lightpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 06:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightpower View Post
+1 here.
Certainly, E BAY India is doing Great through GLOBAL EBAY SHOPPING.

+2
thiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 06:47 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
It seems the Veer is far more popular in India than the iPhone?
I read an article the other stating only 62,000 iPhones were sold in India last quarter.
Apple can never gain share in india with their current pricing scheme.It is better to play with volume than very high margin as Apple does.Anyway iam thinking about 2nd Veer now !!!!!!
Old 10/13/2011, 06:48 AM   #12 (permalink)

Can i buy an unlock code from one of you? Please pm me
stu5797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/13/2011, 08:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
So basically (a) your problem is not with any Veer unlock, (b) nor with the price you paid for it, but (c) with the basic functionality of the HP Veer itself, which (d) your unlock provider has tried to help you with at no cost.
So... all you want is a bit of attention in this thread?
;-)
I'm not trying to get any attention here, anyway what I'm trying to say is that I spent around $180 for each veer(on which I could have saved another $17), and all that in a phone which can't be used for the data usage. By the way I didn't get any direct help from digitalunlock on this, i just followed the thread they started on this issue. And I've no complaints against Digital Unlock.

Last edited by st_7; 10/13/2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10/13/2011, 08:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_raptor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiyagy View Post
Certainly, E BAY India is doing Great through GLOBAL EBAY SHOPPING.

+2
r u able to have data to work on ur veers, if so on which network providers, r u atleast able to enter manual apn settings & save it permanently.
Old 10/13/2011, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

Please keep us updated. Free veer unlock would be great !
arnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2011, 09:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
r u able to have data to work on ur veers, if so on which network providers, r u atleast able to enter manual apn settings & save it permanently.
My veer is still in US so cant help you at present.It will be a month atleast before i can lay my hands on veer.I believe this thread can help you http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ngs-db3-3.html

Last edited by vijay_raptor; 10/14/2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10/16/2011, 12:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

I realized that I need to have the veer physically present to test some things so I've just ordered one. It'll probably take me one or two weeks to publish the unlock.
dogber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by tEhLoNeR, surabh and devil.insulted like this.
Old 10/21/2011, 01:41 PM   #18 (permalink)

Just joined this forum to say thanks, dogber1. Thank you very much for your work.
mrasgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/2011, 10:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

So I got a veer today and I've tinkered around a bit. I pretty much know where the unlock code is stored, but it seems that it is encrypted using dedicated silicon, possibly even with a device-specific key.
Either I attain code execution which looks feasible with some magic to circumvent w^x, or I reverse the cryptography - I got some ideas, but I need more time.
dogber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by surabh and devil.insulted like this.
Thanked by arnott, devil.insulted
Old 10/24/2011, 11:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I am using BSNL 3G Data sim card in My VEER, it is working great, even I could tether it with my Touch Pad.
Not able to store the APN permanently , it is required to be Manually entered every time.
thiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0