Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lebenskuenstler
  • 1 Post By rwhitby
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

a rather short entry on webos-blog.de states, that there will be an update for the Veer very soon. Currently it awaits approval from the network providers. It states no source whatsoever, but usually the author of this blog seems to be well informed.

Gerücht: Update für HP Veer kommt bald? | webOS Blog
    (For non-Germans: GoogleTranslate should help...)

Update: I also found this article in English: http://www.webosroundup.com/2011/10/...s-carrier-nod/

Disclaimer: I do not know if this true, an hoax or a kind of a (bad) joke. So do not get your hopes too far up.

Greetings,

LK
    Last edited by Lebenskuenstler; 10/10/2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typos, Update
    kresom likes this.
    While it is always good news to get the update, i still like my Veer as it is right now, with compatible patches that is. Besides the theme i have installed is not backed up so i would have to start from scratch once the update hits... i know i can always re-load it again, but sending the imges to the devices is very time consuming
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    Hope it'll be for off-contracts veers also !!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Real question is will AT&T approve it. AT&T already considers the Veer to be EOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Just install Meta-Doctor ROW fw, and give AT&T the finger?
    Well I don't care that much now. Although it would be a blessing that I can switch between.
  6. c4r
    Hey...that's a great idea. Don't know why I never thought of that!

Just install Meta-Doctor ROW fw, and give AT&T the finger?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by c4r View Post
    Hey...that's a great idea. Don't know why I never thought of that!
    You forget the sarcasm tags.
    Blah, if Veer gets 2.2 before the Pre2 I will end up popping the SIM back in the Veer for most use. I need to get a new Palm Profile on that thing.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    is there a ROW meta doctor for the veer??? should I apply it to get rid of the AT+T crap ??
    It would be great if someone could post a tutorial explaining how to change our Veers from ATT to other carrier via Metadoctor.

PLEASE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by airakli View Post
    It would be great if someone could post a tutorial explaining how to change our Veers from ATT to other carrier via Metadoctor.

PLEASE!!
    Will this help? Sorry but it uses Meta Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebenskuenstler View Post
    Hello,

a rather short entry on webos-blog.de states, that there will be an update for the Veer very soon. Currently it awaits approval from the network providers. It states no source whatsoever, but usually the author of this blog seems to be well informed.

Gerücht: Update für HP Veer kommt bald? | webOS Blog
    (For non-Germans: GoogleTranslate should help...)

Update: I also found this article in English: [RUMOR] Veer OTA Update Ready To Roll, Awaits Carrier Nod | Pre3, Rumors |webOSroundup

Disclaimer: I do not know if this true, an hoax or a kind of a (bad) joke. So do not get your hopes too far up.

Greetings,

LK
    Hi, i always post my sources for the article directly under the headline, you can find them under the link "Quelle".

greetings
    It has been done:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ation-etc.html

You will not find better step-by-step instructions than these.
    You may, however, find a newly created meta-script which does it automatically ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    airakli likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You may, however, find a newly created meta-script which does it automatically ...

-- Rod
    That would be grrrreat!! thanks to all
    Are you all aware of that mysterious tweet that was posted in another German forum?

post no. 5

angeblich Veer mit 2.2.3 bei eBucht aufgetaucht
    Quote Originally Posted by roughty View Post
    Are you all aware of that mysterious tweet that was posted in another German forum?

post no. 5

angeblich Veer mit 2.2.3 bei eBucht aufgetaucht
    It's obviously just a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    It's obviously just a joke.
    It's not a joke. Don't you think Palm employees have access to newer versions of webOS than the general public?

-- Rod
    hope this update drops soon, gives the veer so much more use if you're a touchpad owner...
    Palm Centro -> Palm Pre- -> HTC Evo 3D SPRINT
    iPhone 3G -> HP Veer Black -> HP Veer White AT&T
    Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer Black -> HP Pre 3 (UK - Unlocked 8gb) AT&T
    HP Pre 3 (US - AT&T 16gb)
    HP TouchPad Black 1.2GHz 32GB
    HP TouchPad White 1.5GHz 64GB
    HP TouchPad Black 1.5GHz 32GB AT&T

(You have no idea what I would do to get a TouchPad Go)

Obviously I have a problem (see above). . .
    And it has nothing to do with more cowbell. . .
    It's not a joke. Don't you think Palm employees have access to newer versions of webOS than the general public?

-- Rod
    A joke because of the reference to this cliché. I don't doubt there are newer builds of webOS. I doubt that they are going to be released.

-- Rod
    They all have Android installed.
    Access is nothing without action.