Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tracks914
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    just wondered what you guys think about buying a spare veer since it is an end of life phone according to HP. I can get a nib veer for $50. If my wife drops hers (just signed a 2y contract with ATT) then we would have to try to find one on ebay, etc. Not sure how easy that would be in 12 months or so.

Considering how small the phone is in my hand and that I have already dropped it 2-3 times, I can see the wife dropping this phone at some point.

Anyway, just wanted a few opinions

thanks
    Do it.
    It's only $50.
    I think it will be dunked into a glass of pomegranate martini sometime in its lifetime.
    I've done it, bought a spare. Pretty cheap insurance policy.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    took your advice and ordered one

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drich View Post
    took your advice and ordered one

thanks
    Where can you find a nib for 50$?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    got is from HP. Total with ship/tax $58.13 Unlocked veer
    Last edited by drich; 10/10/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    better remove the email or put it with spaces so the spammers don't get him.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    done
    Dang. Did I miss the boat? Hp.com shows $99.99, doesn't indicate unlocked, and is out of stock.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    got mine from the phone rep that sold me the touchpad during the pre-sale. He said yesterday morning he had 13 veers (before I bought one)

PM for his e-mail address if you want it- I have no reason to think he gave meal a deal- at least he never mentioned that it was much less than the on line price.
    I picked up one as a spare as well and consider it as insurance.
    I have a spare on the way. I'm rocking the pre 3 currently but already have the black veer and a white one on the way. For so cheap its worth having a couple of them that could last me a year or two.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I've ordered one too. Just one clarification...they are not unlocked, I've talked with the sales rep and for him "unlocked" means that there is no contract with AT&T. If you look at the order confirmation email you will see that they are AT&T locked, but without contract.
    I couldn't find one on hp.com, so I ordered one from eBay as a spare.
    I wanted to order one but I have 3 pre's, one more for my daughter, one veer and a touchpad. My wife will freak when she sees another palm product in the house.

edit....just bought a touchstone for the touchpad.
    Last edited by tracks914; 10/15/2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Xethur likes this.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drich View Post
    got is from HP. Total with ship/tax $58.13 Unlocked veer
    how do you get unlocked veer for just $58?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    it seems ,according to others, that HPs 'unlocked' means without contract on ATT.

I am sure the phones are gone now cause a bunch of folks have pm'd me. I am already on ATT so whatever they want to call 'unlocked' is ok with me. I just wanted a spare phone
    just in case.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Well, HP SMB sent me a shipping e-mail earlier, now they sent me a e-mail that my order for the black HP veer has been delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by demichie View Post
    I've ordered one too. Just one clarification...they are not unlocked, I've talked with the sales rep and for him "unlocked" means that there is no contract with AT&T. If you look at the order confirmation email you will see that they are AT&T locked, but without contract.
    Probably doesn't matter much with the free unlock coming soon