1.    #1  
    Hi

if we use the charging cable and also put it on the magnetic charger at the same time will it over charge?
    Try and let us know

Start first with the audio jack first and see if it works :P
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    No, the battery and webos has an overcharge protection.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I've done that before as I have a touchstone on my desk and a usb cable to my pc. Haven't had any issues but I don't do it too often just when adding music etc.
    if you don't mind me asking what would be the purpose? Does it charge faster?
    Touchpad charges just a tiny bit faster when connected to both, according to the meter on the Dr. Battery app. Barely above a noticeable amount.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    It's not causing problems, but in terms of charging it's not worth the hassle of a cable...

But there are times, when you have your device loading on the TS and you need to have a USB connection. Adding music is one thing. Other things might be connecting via novacom for development purposes or installing things with WOSQI. And it's nice that you can do that.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xethur View Post
    if you don't mind me asking what would be the purpose? Does it charge faster?

just wondering really coz i was syncing with data cable and i use my touchstone for a dock/stand aswell, so was wondering if it would do damage
    No, it's not doing any damage.