Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just today I began having a problem with MMS on my Veer. Any time someone sends me a picture, it is shown as coming from "1" instead of a phone number or contact name. SMS from the same people show up just fine--it is only MMS. So all the messages with pictures show up on a thread, and I have to figure out from context who the message is from. I can't reply, because no contact name or phone number is associated with the message.

I put my SIM card in my old phone (a Palm Centro) and MMS were identified correctly, so I'm assuming it must be something wrong with my Veer. I can't think of any changes that were made. It was working fine yesterday. I only have apps from the app catalog and have installed nothing new recently.

I've restarted the phone and it still has the problem.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? It is driving me CRAZY! Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    I contacted tech support at at&t. He told me that it is a software issue and to do a full erase. I did so, but still have the same problem. He had said if this didn't fix the phone that the phone is bad and would have to be replaced.

I tried contacting palm/hp support. She asked me strange (irrelevant?) questions and then had me do a erase apps. I did so--same problem of course. She then said to contact the carrier. I said I already had. She then said to use webos doctor. I did. Same problem still.

Does anyone know anything else I can try? It is just such a weird problem--and other than this the phone seems to be working just fine. I don't think it is under warranty because I won it in a giveaway, but I will be checking with at&t today. I'd really appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on this. Thanks.
    I am thinking this is an ATT issue... here is why.

We had 2 Veers, didn't have this problem. Recently switched to Pre2s, now have this problem... haven't doctored yet, but only thing I can think is it must be SIM/network related. Once I get my Veer setup with a new Palm Profile I am going to swap the SIM back and see what happens. Have had my Pre2 for almost 2 weeks and every MMS I receive has come from "1".

So it is not a software/device issue in general as you and I are running completely different devices on different firmware versions.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4.    #4  
    Thanks so much for posting -- I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world with this problem.

Strangely, one MMS out of the three I received yesterday had the proper contact name associated with it. Except for this one occurrence, I have had this problem continually since it started occurring--which was when I started the thread.

MMS seems to work just fine with the same SIM card in my Centro.

I would love to know how to fix this.

I haven't contacted at&t again yet, I guess because I'm procrastinating hoping this ridiculous problem will just resolve itself.

I'm interested to hear if MMS works OK once you put the SIM back in your Veer.
    I got the same MMS from "1". The sender was from t-mobile. Weird.
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by SDoo1965 View Post
    I got the same MMS from "1". The sender was from t-mobile. Weird.
    Do you know if you have the same problem with all MMS? Once the problem started for me, all MMS come from "1" regardless of the sender's carrier--with the only exception being one message yesterday.
    I occasionally get the "1" msg too. I am on a veer
    You know what I did realize, the other day I got a video MMS and it showed up from the correct sender.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I just got a Video and it was from the correct number. Might have been a network hiccup
    Palm IIIxe, Handspring Prism, Sony CLie, Tapwave Zodiac, AT&T Centro, Palm Pre Plus (AT&T), HP Touchpad-32, HP Veer, Samsung Galaxy Note (Sigh).
  10.    #10  
    MMS has been working for me today (Thursday)! I've received four picture messages today, all correctly identifying the sender. It is rather pathetic how happy this has made me!

I hope it lasts. If it was a network hiccup, it lasted five days for me.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Same thing has been happening to me; started last Saturday and one today.

I'm on AT&T with a Veer.
    had one work and one not work on ATT Pre3, also one sent from pre3 to unlocked pre2 didn't work yesterday.... Weird issue
  13.    #13  
    I would guess that I still get MMS from "1" about half the time. There is no rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell. My daughter sent me a picture this morning--it came as "1". Later in the afternoon I got another from her and it came properly. I agree--weird. (And annoying!)
    For the last 4 or 5 days I've been having this same issue on my Pre3. This MUST be a network problem. Sometimes they come in fine, sometimes they don't. I wasn't having any issues at all with picture messages until recently. Unless this is a 2.2.3 issue. Is everyone on 2.2.3?

Ryan
  15.    #15  
    My Veer says 2.1.2. It says it is up to date.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i'm having this issue on my att pre3. i only noticed it now since i rarely receive mms but i've asked my wife to test this and everytime it's from 1. when i reply to it, it's sent to 1111487799.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanWPowers View Post
    For the last 4 or 5 days I've been having this same issue on my Pre3. This MUST be a network problem. Sometimes they come in fine, sometimes they don't. I wasn't having any issues at all with picture messages until recently. Unless this is a 2.2.3 issue. Is everyone on 2.2.3?

Ryan
    Problem on Pre3 2.2.3
    Problem on Pre2 2.1

Never had it on Veer 2.1.2, but Veers haven't been used in weeks now

Just had it happen again yesterday morning. It's hit and miss for me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I'm experiencing this on my Pre 3 as well. Super annoying.
    i have this problem as well... So annoying. Good thing i know which picture messages come from who...

i have a pre 3 on 2.2.3...

come to think of it, this issue was not present when i was on 2.2.0
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    MMS is also not worked,but "1" not showed.version is 2.1.2
    I used veer in China.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast