1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I really want to buy a Pre 3 but they are so expensive that I think I am going to have to settle for a Veer but have a couple of questions.

I would like to use it as a mobile hotstop for my Touchpad, can it do that reliably and well?

How long does the battery last with normal use? 1 day - 2 days?

Thanks,
    Gabriel
    battery not the best... if browsing web and stuff really kills the battery. i suppose normal phone calls 1 day at most.

my carrier allows tetherig but i havent got it to work yet. it conencts and all, but no data transfered

overall, just a lot of bugs, and may need at least 1 reset a day to get rid of the hang

reminds me of my old winmo6 in terms of performance and functionality. i virtually have no apps for it and GPS fix is terrible.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoshokev View Post
    battery not the best... if browsing web and stuff really kills the battery. i suppose normal phone calls 1 day at most.

my carrier allows tetherig but i havent got it to work yet. it conencts and all, but no data transfered

overall, just a lot of bugs, and may need at least 1 reset a day to get rid of the hang

reminds me of my old winmo6 in terms of performance and functionality. i virtually have no apps for it and GPS fix is terrible.
    Thanks, sounds like a pass to me!
    consider the size of veer and the volume of the battery, one day is good enough
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel959 View Post
    Thanks, sounds like a pass to me!
    FWIW, I haven't had problems with FreeTether and while tethering really chews up the battery, I haven't had any problems using it as a normal smartphone. It lasts more than a day, much longer than my Pre did with a Mugen 1400 battery. GPS seems to work ok for me.
    I've had no problems with the tether. Actually use it with iPad and touchpad to get online... Works great. Tethering does suck battery though so get an extra charger ( touchstone) and you will be set. I use as secondary phone so if it's your primary phone, battery life could be an issue. For the price though it's a great little phone.
    After being able to use a Pre 3 for one week now, I can say that the Veer's battery lasts much longer.
    My daily use includes hourly E-Mail check (three accounts), up to three hours reading RSS feeds, surfing the web and checking Facebook, occasionally texting and making a phone call. The Veer's battery can handle this without any problem. If I take it from the Touchstone at 6.30 am I have about 20-30% left at 8 pm. The Pre3's battery is definitely dead at 4 pm though I set the CPU frequency down to 1.2 GHz.
    I plug my phone into my laptop when tethering so the laptop will slow the battery drain on the phone....
    Battery seems more than fine to me.
    I talk, text, surf and check emails and weather. Lasts all day.
    Free tether works perfectly.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJim View Post
    Battery seems more than fine to me.
    I talk, text, surf and check emails and weather. Lasts all day.
    Free tether works perfectly.
    Same here
    I love my Veer. I would consider myself an average to heavy user and I make it through the day just fine. It's amazing considering how small and powerful this phone is. So if battery life is your concern, that shouldn't be much of a problem unless you're a super-heavy user.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Not really sure about the GPS complaint. I get a lock very quickly. I use NDrive and the patch that allows you to toggle the GPS in the device menu in the upper right hand corner. Pre3 is good for the camera and the size of the keyboard and screen, but the Veer is great size wise if you aren't using your phone as an entertainment device...No trouble with freetether, the update works well...Just will drain the battery so keep the phone on the touchstone or plugged in. Hope the update that allows touchpad texting comes out soon, but I haven't checked this with the new touchpad OS software. (I assume we need a Veer update for sharing texts ala the Pre3.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si