Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Most Veers have not been sold through carrier offers (at least in
    Europe). So the question is not weither carriers will or wont test the update, but weither HP is still working on it or not. They told us that Veer should get Touch To Share, so they should do it. If they don't, we have the right to spam them... Just sayin'.
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    my wife and I just switched from Sprint to AT&T and both of us got Veers on Monday.
    We were told by the AT&T business folks on line that the Veer was 'EOL' already. Our core store in town said that all the phones have been recalled so the stores are being asked to return them to HP I guess. Veers have been deleted from the AT&T on line store.

Of the two Veers we received-one of each color-the black one has a bum touch screen and is non-responsive about 40-50% of the time. We are trying to get an exchange but when stores don't have phones it makes it tough.

We got the phones for a penny so we sure don't want to pay for a replacement.

I'll post what happens if I get any useful info
    under warranty from HP you won't have to pay for anything
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    HardBeatZ can probably help you arrange for a replacement.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    i really want that touch to share feature...
    I talked to an HP rep on the phone two days ago, he told me that the update was already made and pushed out on their end. Just that AT&T is blocking the update. Meanwhile AT&T on the phone tries to confer with their technical support as to "why my Veer won't update to 2.2". The circle of stupid never ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOV3LikeRockets View Post
    I talked to an HP rep on the phone two days ago, he told me that the update was already made and pushed out on their end. Just that AT&T is blocking the update. Meanwhile AT&T on the phone tries to confer with their technical support as to "why my Veer won't update to 2.2". The circle of stupid never ends.
    Probably doesn't help the fact that AT&T just "EOLed" the Veer.

If HP is serious about ditching hardware they should just give AT&T the middle finger and release the darn update, not like they're supporting it anyways, so why do they care.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Forum rule #1: Reps don't know diddly squat.
    Most people on PC know more.

If anyone working for Palm/HP/Sprint/Verizon/AT&T or any European carrier tells you anything remotely interesting or vaguely positive on the phone or via chat, FILE IT UNDER MISINFORMATION OR RUMOR.
    I dont doubt any of that. I knew at the moment that it was the biggest waste of my time ever talking to them. I talked to one knowledgable person, and was quickly transferred from him.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12