1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently bought a Veer (am very happy with it so far), but so far I've only used it in developper mode. I even had it unlocked while in the developper mode.

Now my question is: If I get out of the developper mode to hook it up with a prepaid data plan, will it still be unlocked?

Is there any way to get apps while still in the developper mode?

Is there a way I could get around creating a Palm profile and thus having to hook it up to a data plan to access apps?

I'm sorry if my questions were already answered in different threads, I'm still fairly new to all of this.

Thanks for your answers!
    dev mode and unlocking are unrelated. There is also no real reason to turn off developer mode.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    dev mode and unlocking are unrelated. There is also no real reason to turn off developer mode.
    But in order to get access to the app market, I do have to create a Palm profile, right?
    And in order to do that I have to hook up my phone to a data plan?

Thanks already!
    you can use a preware app called impostah if you want to do that without a data plan.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/05/2011 at 01:59 PM.
    you can use a preware app called important if you want to do that without a data plan.
    impostah is the name of the preware app
    did textassist on the TouchPad mutilate that name?
    good catch, thanks.
  7.    #7  
    Huh. And what does this app do?
    And can I access to the app market while in dev mode on wifi?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ight=important

and

yes

you have some reading to do
  9.    #9  
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ight=important

and

yes

you have some reading to do
    OK, so I installed Preware and Impostah, but when I try to create a profile w/ Impostah, it says "Service Error (getDeviceID): MojoService: no errorCode supplied".

Am I doing anything wrong? And does it matter that I'm in Canada?