Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Apologies for the ignorance, but this is my first ever GSM phone after decades with Verizon or Sprint and I am in learning mode.

My poor Veer unfortunately took a bad spill the other day, and the screen, though functional, is shattered. (My wife jokes she can tell I have been on the phone by the blood coming down my face. A joke. I swear.) Anyway Veer II is enroute via eBay, and knock on wood it is as advertised an AT&T model so I should be good to go without any need to unlock.

I know the beauty of GSM is the SIM card. Can I just take it out of the old Veer and put it in the new Veer and be good to go? Is there any special trick to taking the card out without damaging it/the phone? Anything else I should know?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Hi,

Correct, as long as you unlock it or use it on ATT you can simply switch the SIM card and its done . And with Synergy & Palm/HP Backup you'll get most of your settings and apps back automatically.
    I had a Veer before the Pre 3 and I used a pin to open the rubber which covers the SIM tray. After that, you just need to push ''inside the phone" the SIM and it will pop out.
    HP Pre 3 AZERTY 8 GB + HP Touchpad 16 GB
    That's the beauty of GSM. Just swap the sim card and you're ready to roll.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Apologies for the ignorance, but this is my first ever GSM phone after decades with Verizon or Sprint and I am in learning mode.

My poor Veer unfortunately took a bad spill the other day, and the screen, though functional, is shattered. (My wife jokes she can tell I have been on the phone by the blood coming down my face. A joke. I swear.) Anyway Veer II is enroute via eBay, and knock on wood it is as advertised an AT&T model so I should be good to go without any need to unlock.

I know the beauty of GSM is the SIM card. Can I just take it out of the old Veer and put it in the new Veer and be good to go? Is there any special trick to taking the card out without damaging it/the phone? Anything else I should know?
    Put your old veer in airplane mode, before you switch to the new one. That way if you left any files or pictures on the usb side, they won't be erased when you login to the profile on the new phone.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Put your old veer in airplane mode, before you switch to the new one. That way if you left any files or pictures on the usb side, they won't be erased when you login to the profile on the new phone.
    Or, if it still runs, use Impostah to remove the profile. My Veer is cryogenically frozen in that state right now but still connected to networks.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Thanks all. This GSM thing could grow on me. Might want to pick up a cheap used dumb phone from AT&T at some point to carry when the going might be rough.
    That's the thing with gsm phones. You can keep your old ones around as backup and switch between whenever you want. Most carriers don't care. I put my sim in my 680 and went retro for the day. I wish all webOS phones had the veer's sim slot.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Or, if it still runs, use Impostah to remove the profile. My Veer is cryogenically frozen in that state right now but still connected to networks.
    I have a veer and a pre3 that I'd like to share the profile between the two. It seems kinda silly to have two profiles when you are sharing a single sim. Will impostah allow this?
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    New Veer arrived today. After a bit of a stumble (it couldn't read my SIM, so required a quick run to the AT&T store for a new one that did work) up and running. Thanks again to all for the help.