1.    #1  
    Hi all, got my new Veer set up great!

My only gripe is that when someone messages me, the mobile operator identifies the sender as +XX 123456.

The contacts in my Veer are saved as 123456. So when a text message of +XX 123456 comes in, the Veer does not identify the contact as 123456 but shows me the contact as simply +XX 123456.

Anyway to change this such that the Veer associates any +XX country prefixes with the contacts that are on the phone?

Thanks!
    Why not store the numbers in the correct GSM standard, i.e. '+country code area/city code number'? I f only everyone, this includes US phone companies, simply followed the GSM standards, none of us would be having any such issues to begin with.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  3.    #3  
    I don't use the country prefixes because usually I don't travel out of the country, so local calls without the country prefixes go through to the other party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why not store the numbers in the correct GSM standard, i.e. '+country code area/city code number'? I f only everyone, this includes US phone companies, simply followed the GSM standards, none of us would be having any such issues to begin with.
    coz when you ask for peoples numbers 99.999% of them will reply with "my number is 041...."

and as far as i know 99.9999 % of phones can associate contact with either the 04 number or the +1 number, so it aint an issue for anyone except it seems for Webos users.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoshokev View Post
    coz when you ask for peoples numbers 99.999% of them will reply with "my number is 041...."
    But that is not correct. In fact if you were to give that as your number to someone from outside the country, they would never be able to dial your number, since it would be incorrect. I realize that most phones, can make up for this. But even then I don't understand why people cannot even get their own numbers right. It really is not rocket science and how hard can it be to understand that the 'zero' is just the access code for STD calls and is not really a part of the phone number. In any case this access code is a relic of the landline phone system and actually has no role in the GSM mobile standards.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    whatever way u wanna put it, its a flaw. unless u got a solution then go away
    Definitely a bug introduced with the Pre 3 which needs to be fixed!