webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > How To Get Vcard Contacts From Laptop To Phone?
How To Get Vcard Contacts From Laptop To Phone?

Old 10/03/2011, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

Hey Everyone 1st Web OS user just bought Hp Veer sick of big phones but i cannot seem to add my Old contacts that are on my Windows xp computer in Vcard format to my phone please help
ImaanStandUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I've been struggling with this for a long time. As it turns out it is really easy and takes about 10 minutes - or two weeks and ten minutes. I had all of my contacts in Palm Desktop 6.2.2. After cleaning them up I converted the entire contact list to a VCard and e-mailed it to myself. I then opened the e-mail on my Pre3 and touched the attached VCard. I got a message "Do you want to import all 462 contacts?". I clicked yes and they are now all there. The first time I tried it only one contact imported, but when I looked again at Palm Desktop that contact was selected. You have to select all of the contacts to export in a VCard and they will all import to your phone. I've been searching these forums forever and never saw this solution.I guess it's too easy. If they don't all show up after a few minutes close the Contacts and reopen it. They should all appear. You are no longer dependant on Google.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 05:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

and to backup them after some time consider installing the patch for enhanced vcard export:
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export available in Preware

and then you can export on a regular basis: Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
Old 02/20/2013, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
and to backup them after some time consider installing the patch for enhanced vcard export:
[Patch] Fixing/Enhancing vCard (.vcf) Export available in Preware

and then you can export on a regular basis: Export all your contacts | webOS Nation
Exactly. Thanks, I forgot to mention that step. Easy as pie.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contacts, vcard, veer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0