Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mefm247
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    A friend of mine just had an issue trying to get the Digital Unlock code to work as he was not sure where to enter it. If anyone has this issue, once you have run the Digital Unlock software and have obtained your network unlock code (or just gotten your network unlock elsewhere).

Just do the following:

1. Once the phone boots, press the little phone notification on the bottom left of the phone.
    2. In the menu that appears, select ďCall EmergencyĒ (Sorry donít remember the exact wording).
    3. Delete whatever number is already there and enter the network unlock code. This should open another screen asking for the network unlock code, which then needs to be entered again.
    4. Once this is done the phone should be unlocked. Please note that I used an unlocked SIM card to make sure I didnít run into any problems, Iím not sure if this is a necessity, but itís something to do in case the above does not work.

Cheers,
    IsLNdbOi likes this.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Just pop in the SIM card of an unsupported network, and boot the phone.
    As the phone tries to access the unsupported network, the Enter Carrier Unlock screen will pop up 9 times out of 10.
    Instructions above is for the 1 out of 10 times when it doesn't appear, which was the case with my friend's Veer... ;-)
    Pre3/Veer/Touchpad 64 Panda
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    a. Your instructions are for those stuck in the Profile Login/Creation screen.
    Indeed. Since I hadn't seen anything about this in the forums I presumed it was a good idea to post it here.

b.

Just call any number here. The fact the Enter Network Unlock screen pops up here is because the device thinks you're trying to call someone.
    You or your friend probably thought the code should be entered here, and tata: false assumption.
    No problem of course.
    No assumptions from my side, but thought I would avoid people calling the emergency numbers since that is the number that appears there... The unlock code is long enough to avoid any issues. People are looking for fool-proof solutions most of the time...

c.
    *****-proof method is to do the Impostah route.
    Impostah is done without SIM in DEV mode. Since you've done activation in DEV mode, you're past the login screen. Reboot with unsupported SIM inserted, and call any number if the screen doesn't pop up by itself.
    I'm pretty sure that if you are having issues in the Login/Create profile screen and that you haven't had a Palm device in the past (my friends case), that asking a user to use Impostah (or even know what it is) and/or DEV mode, is pretty far from "*****-Proof"... Most newbies will have absolutely no idea what you're talking about...

Thanks for the additional posts and making sure that anyone will be able to understand how to get past this, additional methods are always a plus!

Have a good weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by mefm247 View Post
    Please note that I used an unlocked SIM card to make sure I didn’t run into any problems
    Pardon the ignorance. But what is an 'Unlocked SIM'? I thought it's the phones that are either locked or unlocked.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Pardon the ignorance. But what is an 'Unlocked SIM'? I thought it's the phones that are either locked or unlocked.
    By 'Unlocked SIM card', what I meant is that the actual SIM card had no pin code (4 digit code) set to it. Basically when you enter a SIM in this state to a phone, the phone will not ask for a pin. Cards with a PIN can cause problems when unlocking your phone
    with Digital Unlock (according to Digital Unlock instructions).

Let me know if this is clearer.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Just an FYI a sim can be locked to a phone. This seems to be primarily on AT&T go phones that have bonus minutes included, whatever phone you activate that sim with that is the only phone that the sim will work in. There are several threads on howardforums discussing this but here is one I found SIM Card locked to the Phone
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzombie View Post
    Just an FYI a sim can be locked to a phone.
    Thanks. Was not aware of this. Just wondering, what the phone company gains by doing this.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzombie View Post
    Just an FYI a sim can be locked to a phone.
    Thanks for the info, had never heard of this, interestingly enough this would actually be illegal in most European countries.

Have a great day!
    please discuss phones, and not other members.

<thread cleaned>
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    please discuss phones, and not other members.

<thread cleaned>
    Agreed. Sorry.