1.    #1  
    I am testing this unlocked veer on a t-mobile SIM and I need to be only on 2G/3G network to be able to successfully signin to messaging. If I enable wifi (with GSM Data enabled), signin doesn't work. If I disable GSM Data and try signing in, that too fails. The moment I turn off wifi and enable only GSM Data, I am able to immediately sign in. I have not applied any patches or installed preware. This is the stock Veer firmware.

BTW it has nothing to do with the unlocked status. The same issue occurs if I am on AT&T network and the same happens with a locked Veer.
    Quote Originally Posted by veeruser View Post
    I am testing this unlocked veer on a t-mobile SIM and I need to be only on 2G/3G network to be able to successfully signin to messaging. If I enable wifi (with GSM Data enabled), signin doesn't work. If I disable GSM Data and try signing in, that too fails. The moment I turn off wifi and enable only GSM Data, I am able to immediately sign in. I have not applied any patches or installed preware. This is the stock Veer firmware.

BTW it has nothing to do with the unlocked status. The same issue occurs if I am on AT&T network and the same happens with a locked Veer.
    I have the same problem. I use my unlocked Veer (by Digitalunlock) on Tim network from Brazil.
    Sort of the same issue here. Testing tmobile have no signal at home, good signal at work. So I'm using wifi at home for now till I switch to some AT&T based cell provider. When going from home to work, the switch from wifi to edge goes smoothly. When I get home wifi connects automatically, network settings are correct, but I can't connect to the internet. And all during this time it is displaying network search... or something like that in the upper left corner and no bars of signal. The only fix I've found is to toggle airplane mode on then off. Interestingly enough once I do that toggle "network searching..." goes away, and nothing is displayed there because I can't roam on AT&T. It does show me the signal strength through. I'm wondering if this only happens when on edge because if it does it is going to suck. In my area AT&T has mostly edge.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I've had trouble signing into gtalk on some wifi networks, specifically wifi networks using new linksys routers.

This thread might help...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-working.html