Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good screen protector?
    First I bought extremely cheap ones from germany (1euro), which didn't stick on the edges. Now I've got anti-glare from china, which makes the screen look like a CRT at the end of it's life and is a bit rough around the edges, anti-glare does work though.
    On my previous phones I've had brando's, but I couldn't find them for the Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I wouldnt put one on as it interfeers with the light sensor on the top right of the screen i had problems when making calls the light would dim out but would stay dimmed i took the screen protector off it is now fine or i would cut out where the sensor is on the screen protector this is confirmed.
    I've heard good things about Skinomi, they are doing 25% off right now with code skinomi25

This is what I will be buying for our TouchPads. Not sure about shipping to EU though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I can't believe how cool the screen feels on Veer compared to my Pre. I'm afraid that putting a screen protector on it would diminish this glass feeling.

BTW I understand the Veer (and Pre's 2 & 3) have glass screens. This would make them tougher than the plastic Pre screen. The screen protector might help a bit if you dropped the phone and it landed screen first on something sharp but does it help with day to day wear?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal screen protectors on my wife's Veer as well as mine provide edge to edge protection, are very clear, and do not diminish that smooth responsive action or interfere with the sensor. Got it on my FrankenPre 2 as well.
    I'm being lazy, mind telling me how much you paid?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    ^ The 3 pack was $27.95. It was free shipping. Kind of pricey but to me worth it.
    Yeah I'm looking at around that for the Skinomi for phones, the TouchPad ones are on clearance so I am sticking with them for the TP's
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I had skinomi ones on my veer, no problems at all, only had to remove it because i sent it in for warranty

its a pain to install, but its worth it

it wont interfere with the light sensor, theres a cut out for it

a fair warring though, if you like swapping sim cards between this phone and another, DO NOT GET THESE, the skin covers up the sim card slot

it wasn't an isolated incident, i installed two of them on different devices

other than that, they're great
    Your talking about the front and back kit right?
    Zagg invisible shield.
    Had one on my Pre, now on my Veer. Last forever doesn't interfere with sensor and has lifetime warranty.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've ordered a full-body xtreme-guard (was a bit impatient..), I think it's about the same as a skinomi. Will post a short review once I've got it installed.

Last edited by W0153R; 09/29/2011 at 04:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Your talking about the front and back kit right?
    yeah, the clear ones

probably the same with the other ones
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    I've ordered a full-body xtreme-guard (was a bit impatient..), I think it's about the same as a skinomi. Will post a short review once I've got it installed.

Have you already installed it? How is it?

PS. Anyone tried the ultra clear screen protection by protectionfilms24 ? It seems to be very cheap but i am wondering about how good it is...
    Last edited by Trovatore; 10/02/2011 at 07:12 AM.
    Boxwave 3-pack "ClearTouch - Anti-Glares" are what I'm using. Same price as the Skinomi 3-pack. I like the Anti-Glares because fingerprint smudges and skin oils aren't as noticeable and they do reduce glare on the screen.

Had an Invisible Shield on it, but with the white Veer you'll see the Invisible Shield slowly turning yellow over time.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I've got the xtreme-guard installed (screen+back).
    The front is really nice, has a soft feeling (resembles the keys) to it and it's really well cut. The front protector also hides the edge between the glass and the plastic a bit, wonder how that's gonna turn out in the long run with dirt & such.
    The back is a b*tch to install, it's flexible stuff so before you know, you've stretched out a peace too far, and because of reapplying it multiple times there are some edges with bubbles, the manual says they will probably dissapear in the next few days though. The protector makes the back look almost identical to the front with the screen off e.g. like glass.
    The xtreme-guard is quite thick, you won't notice it on the front, but the back has a lot of cut-outs making it very obvious.
    It's a good screen protector, and this kind of stuff is probably the only choice for the back. It's not a brando, it's a different kind of material, but for the screen itself it's definitely good, the jury is still out on the back, I quite like the look but I don't find it a necessity and I don't like the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    The front protector also hides the edge between the glass and the plastic a bit,
    What do you mean by that? Can you take a picture of your veer to show how is it?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    What do you mean by that? Can you take a picture of your veer to show how is it?
    Sorry, I meant the very small gap between the glass and the plastic housing. And I guess it's more due to the thickness of the protector then that it's actually covering the gap.

I agree with PreJim.

I have the Zagg InvisibleShield (front only) and its actually pretty good. You do feel a change in the screen, a bit more of a plastic feeling, which im okay with. Sensitivity diminishment is a bit noticeable but the protector itself is barely noticeable at all. The screenbrightness does dimm in a strange manner from time to time, specially with a shimmering light.

Other than that, i had the experience with my pre before and it lasted more than a year untill some moisture got itself inside (some edges werent covering the phone). When i decided to pull the whole foil the phone was looking brand new, which was pretty cool
    I have the cheap matte screen protectors from China and they work great. No issues with the light sensor and they do reduce glare a lot.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast