Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by W0153R View Post
    Sorry, I meant the very small gap between the glass and the plastic housing. And I guess it's more due to the thickness of the protector then that it's actually covering the gap.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Thanks for your reply. I did not know about that small gap, since my veer has not arrived yet :-D

Do you think that covering that gap is a good feature of that screen protector?
    I purchased the xtreme full-body guard for my white veer and it's pretty sturdy. I even test it by scratching with a key so it's tough.

You do get an orange peel effect from it but it's not noticeable. I got it on amazon for $5 with free shipping. It's the same thing compared to Zagg.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trovatore View Post
    Do you think that covering that gap is a good feature of that screen protector?
    It makes it look more like it's one piece, so that's good, but I wonder if there's gonna get dirt trapped inside..

Also, I've noticed no change in light-dimming and if there's been a change in touch-sensitivity then it's improved, but I can't tell for sure since I've changed the screenprotector twice in the last couple of weeks.

Those that have installed the Xtreme Full-Body Guard, how did you keep the water from entering the phone? I'm especially worried about the camera/speaker opening on the back. Anything you would do differently or any tricks that really helped? Mine is in the mail and I want the installation to be successful!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Those that have installed the Xtreme Full-Body Guard, how did you keep the water from entering the phone? I'm especially worried about the camera/speaker opening on the back. Anything you would do differently or any tricks that really helped? Mine is in the mail and I want the installation to be successful!

Thanks
    Just let it dry for a few hours (like the manual says, 3-5 hours should be fine). Also, you don't have to make the protector soaking wet, just enough to move it around.

One thing: does anyone know if there is a sreen protector that require a "dry" installation? The skinomi seems really a great product but i don't like the "wet" installation process :-)
    BoxWave makes dry install screen protectors for the Veer. I'm using their anti-glare model. Looks good and was easy to install.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I recommend this Amazon.com: 3X HP Veer 4G Crystal Clear Screen Protector ( 3 Pack ) (Free HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen): Cell Phones & Accessories
    it's dry installation. Very clear, thin and smooth to touch.
    it has to be installed very carefully to avoid particles though, which is generally the case of dry installation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12