Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orchidsrock
  1. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi all,
    I got an HP Veer (Unlocked) through eBay, after reading the forums and thanks all who helped I managed to create a profile on my unit.
    All seem to work fine except the App Catalog which keeps giving me a message:"The action could not be completed.Try again later".
    Just to make sure I went to the HP WebOS site to verify my account.
    This is what i get:"WebOS Account Status: Pending Verification "
    Well I resend my verification but still nothing happened.
    Any help will be appreciated since I need to get into the App Catalog
    Thanks in advance
    Dimitri
  2. #2  
    Hi! I am in a very similar place, having just gotten a Veer.

    Did you update your App Store after you got your profile sorted out? Mine automatically updated, and I would be suspicious that yours just needs to update. Try running System Updates under system or restarting your handset.
    Artichoke likes this.
  3. #3  
    If the date and time are incorrect, the App Catalog could give errors. Make sure that the date and time are correct.
  4. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by calroth View Post
    If the date and time are incorrect, the App Catalog could give errors. Make sure that the date and time are correct.
    Date and time are correct based on my time zone, the problem is my WebOS status is still pending verification.
  5. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by orchidsrock View Post
    Hi! I am in a very similar place, having just gotten a Veer.

    Did you update your App Store after you got your profile sorted out? Mine automatically updated, and I would be suspicious that yours just needs to update. Try running System Updates under system or restarting your handset.
    The phone automatically updated since I managed to get into the system through Devmode and enable the wifi.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundercy View Post
    Date and time are correct based on my time zone, the problem is my WebOS status is still pending verification.
    Usual advice, check in your Junk mail for verification email. Though I had a similar problem and did not get it. I changed my email associated with my profile to a yahoo.com email and instantly got the verification email and managed to verify the account. Then I changed it back to the original email address I intended - and that immediately sent a "changed email address" email to verify and that did arrive fine! No idea why that worked - but it did work ! :-)
  7. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywebos View Post
    Usual advice, check in your Junk mail for verification email. Though I had a similar problem and did not get it. I changed my email associated with my profile to a yahoo.com email and instantly got the verification email and managed to verify the account. Then I changed it back to the original email address I intended - and that immediately sent a "changed email address" email to verify and that did arrive fine! No idea why that worked - but it did work ! :-)
    I did check the junk mail folder with no luck. But ill try with a differnt email acount.
  8. Thundercy's Avatar
    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Confirming the verification e-mail you get has absolutely nothing to do with App Catalog access.

    If this is an AT&T Veer, try connecting to the App Cat via WiFi, as AT&T Veers will always search for the AT&T network and drop your active 3G connection:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ta-signal.html
    Yes it is an AT&T Veer which keep in mind I use in Europe with my local sim card.It works fine but with no data other than WIFI acces even though I have a data plan.My carrier and country is not supported by PALM/HP so I had to make it work through Devmode and Impostah by creating a Palm Profile which I still wait from PAlm/WebOS to verify.
  9. #9  
    anyone solve this problem>? mine still says pending aswell? i resent email but i dont receive any.

    whats is the significance if any of the "pending" status?
  10. hizach's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #10  
    had the same problem of "status pending verification" and not getting the validation E-mail so i went into Impostah and did the activation again and then got my "verification e-mail" .

    i did not have a problem with the app store even though i was not verified so that seems to be a problem that has nothing to do with the "status verification".

Posting Permissions