Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By calroth
  1.    #1  
    How difficult was it, for those of you who switched from a Pre to a Veer, to adjust to the smaller screen? I've been thinking of selling my Pre 2 and buying the Veer, but I'm worried I won't be able to adjust to the small screen easily.
    I love my Veer, you will miss some apps, and I don't browse on it as much.... but then again I have a TouchPad. I also bought a Pre2, so I can switch between the Veer and the Pre2 when needed.

The smaller screen wasn't bad coming from original Pre to Veer because the quality of everything was better. Going from Pre2 to Veer might not be so easy. At the same time, I love the small pocketability of the Veer.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    I don't browse very much on my Pre 2 anyway, so I should be fine with the Veer's smaller screen. Plus I'm getting a new iPhone when that's released, so I'll probably use that if I ever need a bigger screen. I'll see which of my apps are compatible with the Veer.
    I switched from an iphone 4 to the veer with no problem. I still browse a lot from my phone and love it, even though the screen is a lot smaller. The keyboard is also really nice to use, despite its size.
    I just got my Pre2.... it is HUGE compared to the Veer, once I get everything setup, I will definitely be swapping SIMs when I need a smaller phone. In the next few days I will be posting about the transition from OG Pre to Veer +TouchPad to Pre2. I love both phones for different reasons, wish I didn't have to go through the hassle of switching SIMs, but knowing I can at my leisure is nice
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Went from a Pre to Veer and the one thing I was worried about was the smaller screen.
    I browse on my phone a lot, almost exclusively, I watch video clips, check ball scores, go to ebay and many other full sites. I have no problems and love it. Its the only phone I need.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Whether you are OK with such a tiny phone is, of course, the $64K question. If you value the physical form factor (small!) over a huge glorious display. If you routinely browse with text sizes so small that other people squint. If you show people the keyboard on your Palm phone and say, it looks small but it's so usable, then outpace them on their bigger virtual keyboards!

Also it makes a statement that you're not trying to compensate for something...

When the iPhone came out, I was a die-hard Palm holdout who thought that a giant slim slab was not for me. Smaller please. So the original Palm pre was a revelation. Not only a great form factor, but like it came from Apple in a parallel universe where they obsessed over smooth curves, not geometrical flatness.

Anyway, I just "upgraded" to the HP Veer, which is even closer to what I want, and now the trusty Pre feels like a brick
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I use my Veer just as much as I did my Pre Plus - Twitter, e-mail, web-browsing, videos, etc. After about 15 minutes of using the Veer, I stopped noticing the difference in the screen size.

What I did notice - and still love - is how much snappier the Veer is compared to first-generation webOS hardware. If you're coming from a Pre2, you probably won't see a difference, but I was pleasantly surprised by how little difference the screen size makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    I use my Veer just as much as I did my Pre Plus - Twitter, e-mail, web-browsing, videos, etc. After about 15 minutes of using the Veer, I stopped noticing the difference in the screen size.

What I did notice - and still love - is how much snappier the Veer is compared to first-generation webOS hardware. If you're coming from a Pre2, you probably won't see a difference, but I was pleasantly surprised by how little difference the screen size makes.
    Agreed, from original Pre to Veer was a huge leap, Veer to Pre2 I notice various things, but would use either over an iPhone.
    Pre to the Veer, I still can't get over the coolness factor of its small size. I love it and when I show it to people I have a hard time getting it back. Some sites were hard to surf with my Pre (but not impossible) and are harder with the Veer but I have a netbook and a PC for real surfing. I'm even thinking of looking for another one for a spare.