Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aussieinjapan
  1.    #1  
    bought a veer off ebay - preware and impostah installed - activated it over WiFi for US catalogue but cant download any apps....gives error: download failed - go to update official app catalogue but download failed and app catalogue grayed out.HP website gives my palm profile as verified.

Could update preware and impostah !

Please help - oh No sim is installed because Im in japan

Update: now getting The action could not be completed, try again later (when accessing app cat) and Impostah is giving me an error code: mojo

Update: device just rebooted itself and now is asking for a sim card - Cant get unlock screen up
    Last edited by aussieinjapan; 09/26/2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: more information....
    veer2 likes this.
  2.    #2  
    Any ideas ??? Everytime I turn the phone on, I get the enter sim slideshow....Cant go into developer mode
    I can't help you with the "enter SIM" screen (maybe use the Doctor on your phone?)...

...But for the "download failed" for the App Catalog, it could be caused by an incorrect date and time for your phone. Mine had that problem too, until I set the date and time manually.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your help.
    When I booted up - all I got was it trying to load for 2 minutes or so and then enter the sim.

So I doctored the phone and I can now, get it into the developer mode.....
    Im going to install preware and impostah soon...
    Sure. Don't forget to set the date and time
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    Thanks for your help.
    When I booted up - all I got was it trying to load for 2 minutes or so and then enter the sim.

So I doctored the phone and I can now, get it into the developer mode.....
    Im going to install preware and impostah soon...
    By any chance was your phone in "Airplane mode" when this happened ? I have seen it hang against a background of blue sky with clouds - and then boot into airplane mode with insert SIM slide-show and then refuse to get into Developer mode.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywebos View Post
    By any chance was your phone in "Airplane mode" when this happened ? I have seen it hang against a background of blue sky with clouds - and then boot into airplane mode with insert SIM slide-show and then refuse to get into Developer mode.
    Yes !! but I couldnt turn off airplane mode or go into developer mode.
    Now, it seems ok since I used the doctor on it.

But does anyone know if the unlock still works (cause I dont have preware or impostah on it anymore)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussieinjapan View Post
    bought a veer off ebay - preware and impostah installed - activated it over WiFi for US catalogue but cant download any apps....
    Hi there, I just bought a Veer, unlocked it, but could not get through Palm Profile setup, since I don't have a 3G/4G data plan.

How could Palm Profile be setup via WiFi?
    Could "preware and impostah" be installed via WiFi before setting up Palm Profile?

Thank you very much, Veer2
    Quote Originally Posted by veer2 View Post
    ....Could "preware and impostah" be installed via WiFi before setting up Palm Profile
    Yes
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    Yes
    HOW?
    Use WebOSQuickInstall program that you can find here on the forum or via Google. When your device is in devmode you can use this to install Preware and Impostah.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Purchesed Unlocked ATT hp VEER on ebay. Want to use just as phone on T-mobile, and set it up with Impostah on wi-fi so can get apps with carrier data plan. Is it possible and how do I do it. Can't seem to be able to get to point where I set up Palm profile...Guess being old guy (76) makes me little slow on learning new things.
    All help would be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by donjeep View Post
    Purchesed Unlocked ATT hp VEER on ebay. Want to use just as phone on T-mobile, and set it up with Impostah on wi-fi so can get apps with carrier data plan. Is it possible and how do I do it. Can't seem to be able to get to point where I set up Palm profile...Guess being old guy (76) makes me little slow on learning new things.
    All help would be appreciated
    What do you see right now? Do you see the "first use" screen asking for your Palm Profile email address?

Or you've already bypassed activation and see the "desktop"?

One option is probably to go to a T-Mobile store and have them use a corporate demo SIM (full size, not micro) to create a Palm Profile and log in, then switch to your Voice-only SIM... or use anyone else's full-size SIM (with data plan) to activate and then switch it out.

Creating a Palm Profile will give you automatic backups, so you will never lose your address book, memos or purchased apps, even if this phone will break someday, and you replace it with another webOS device.

And one more thing. Once you're logged in, set the date back to July 1st and open the App Catalog, then search for the "App Catalog Update". You'll need to install and run that app because the phone comes with expired security certificates, and the update will replace them with ones that are current. Set the date back to today
    Remy X Thanks... Evidently had bypassed setup and can not get back to it without impostah I guess. Anyway have sim in and plain phone sc working. Have added in e-mail via wi-fi and that is also working fine as lone as I am in range of wi-fi, Will try approaching t-mobile I have webosquick install on my computer, but where do I find Impostah and other needed services...
    Sounds like you don't have a proper Palm Profile, and if anything happens (even a simple glitch), you'd have to start over from scratch, or in the worst case, buy your apps again. I'll find out how you can add a Palm Profile at this point, and if this gets done over WiFi, you won't need to borrow a SIM

To get Impostah, open webOS Quick Install and search for Preware in the list of available packages. Once installed, open Preware on your phone and search for Impostah

Anyway, good luck with your new phone