Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By digitalunlock
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

Writing this post after spending too much time on fixing the issue have decided to post on pre-central. Hope someone can help out of this situation. I was not able to depict the issue in words so have recorded a video and posted the video on youtube. My phone have started operating itself. Please have a look and let me know if there is anything I can do here. I am just loving this device and dont want to loose it. Any help would be appreciated.

I unlocked this device using 650 Unolck.

Here is the link below:

Thanks !
    Rishikesh
    .... Quite a show. Did you try to doctor the device?

Sometimes I have the problem that the Veer's touchscreen is taking inputs when I carry the phone around in my pocket. But judging from your video this is rather unlikely I guess because I see all vararieties of (non-)gestutes being executed.

LK
  3.    #3  
    Nope I have not tried the doctor devoice, but will it work for the HP VEER?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    this happened to me too... But it wasn't this bad
    unfortunately I forgot how I fixed it.. I know for a fact that I did not use the doctor

your best bet is to doctor the device

google webOS login and login using your account info you used to make the webOS account
    afterwards find your device, click device options and there should be an option to download the webOS doctor

I'd give you links, but I'm not on my pc atm
  5.    #5  
    Hi Guys, thanks for all your help. I did try the doctor and the reset but it dint worked. I contacted HP and they are giving me the new device. the only issue here is I have to unlock it again. Is there any way that I can unlock it for free. Last time I had to pay 41 buck to do the same....
    Quote Originally Posted by rishikeshkankal View Post
    Hi Guys, thanks for all your help. I did try the doctor and the reset but it dint worked. I contacted HP and they are giving me the new device. the only issue here is I have to unlock it again. Is there any way that I can unlock it for free. Last time I had to pay 41 buck to do the same....
    This is good. I will send in mine, too. This is really annoying.
    I got my veer two days ago and at least once a day has a mind of it's own. When it seems to be trying hard to do something, the screen trips out for a bit but I just put it to sleep for a few mins and it's good.

Mine is unlocked on T-mobile. I don't know if it's weird cause it's unlocked or not..
    We offer free re-unlocking for devices replaced under warranty. Send us an email with your order/registration codes and some documentation about the replacement. We're more than happy to unlock the second device for free.
    Nigeria7 likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalunlock View Post
    We offer free re-unlocking for devices replaced under warranty. Send us an email with your order/registration codes and some documentation about the replacement. We're more than happy to unlock the second device for free.
    Hey digitalunlock, thank you !!! I have got the mail from customer support in the morning itself that you guys will do the job. Thanks a lot ! you help much appreciated. If would defiantly like to refer you for unlocking this the device to my friends.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetsandsilence View Post
    I got my veer two days ago and at least once a day has a mind of it's own. When it seems to be trying hard to do something, the screen trips out for a bit but I just put it to sleep for a few mins and it's good.

Mine is unlocked on T-mobile. I don't know if it's weird cause it's unlocked or not..
    yeah even I am using it for t-mobile. thats weird....I have contacted HP and they did assure me to replace my device.
    Hi All,

Writing this post after spending too much time on fixing the issue have decided to post on pre-central. Hope someone can help out of this situation. I was not able to depict the issue in words so have recorded a video and posted the video on youtube. My phone have started operating itself. Please have a look and let me know if there is anything I can do here. I am just loving this device and dont want to loose it. Any help would be appreciated.

I unlocked this device using 650 Unolck.

Here is the link below:

Thanks !
    Rishikesh
    i'm sorry, but i giggled a bit at your video (only because i have it happen once or twice a week). i've had the same thing happen to both of my veers (bought a white one ebay as a backup after hp 86'ing hw production). instances were when i pulled the phone out of my pocket or was carrying in my hand for an extended period. however, on both phones i just had to turn the screen off and back on for it to stop.

i do live on galveston island in texas, so the extreme humidity may be partially to blame. of course the most minimal vertical movement between the two halves will cause the screen to come on and it'll go haywire (like your vid), but a quick power button tap and it'll cease... for me anyway.
    Is this a big problem with these? I went to look at one in store and hovering anywhere close to the screen set it off. I don't want it going psycho on me!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    do you use screen protector?