1.    #1  
    Im planning on using my Veer with no data plan. Just use it for txting/voice mostly.

Does it still run fine without a data connection? I heard webOS uses lots of synching for its apps, but im hoping i can still run the phone with no data and not have any annoying errors in my face.
    yeah it can. you will need a data plan to set it up first but if you dont, there is a way around it. i dont know how, youll have to do a search on it but it might be easier if you have get a friends sim with data and set it up, then after setup, you can your sim without the data plan. thats assuming if your with att or have an unlocked veer

are you going to be using a pre paid? if its with att, just buy the smallest data plan, i think its like 5 bucks and set up your phone that way.
  3.    #3  
    Hey thanks for the reply!

I bookmarked the thread that goes over setting up a profile without data and using wifi (veers still in the mail). I would prefer to use a friends sim card to set it up, but would that mess up their sim card at all? Would their carrier info be at all attached to my phone after that?

Also would i have to unlock my veer to use my friends sim card to set it up?
    if your veer is an at&t and your friends carrier is not at&t, then your phone will need to be unlocked.
    it shouldnt mess with your friends sim card. you just need enough data to setup your profile and link it to your veer.
    That wont mess up there sim card wont sync contacts or anything its just simply to set up your palm profile after setup shut it off and put in your sim then it will work perfectly did this with my pixi plus befor i got data.
    The veer requires a minimum of a $15 smartphone data plan for all postpaid AT&T customers. If you have no data plan and stick your AT&T SIM into an HP Veer your account will automatically have a data feature added.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    not if you are using a prepaid sim but i did hear about automatically enrolling you in a data plan. i use my veer with a prepaid sim.
  8.    #8  
    excellllent so i'll unlock it first, pop in a friends sim, and then set it all up.

Thanks for the info guys!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I have my veer with out a data plan so no there is no required data plan for it, I'm not sure why people have told you that....I have the two dollar a day go phone plan though..and you don't need a data plan to activate you just need to be around an open wifi connection..I had them do it at the att store and it worked just great.
    I have my veer with out a data plan so no there is no required data plan for it, I'm not sure why people have told you that....I have the two dollar a day go phone plan though..and you don't need a data plan to activate you just need to be around an open wifi connection..I had them do it at the att store and it worked just great.
    i said postpaid AT&T customers

11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeria7 View Post
    Ehhh, i thought you do need some data to activate? because wifi isnt an option when acivating?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kngkelly View Post
    Ehhh, i thought you do need some data to activate? because wifi isnt an option when acivating?
    It worked for me...it wouldn't work at home because I tried activating it and my home wifi was locked and by the time I realized it need a connection I couldn't go back...but right out of the box it showed the wifi was already enabled..as soon as I went into the att store it went through...weird...but yeah I STILL don't have a data plan and talk and text are greg for me!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    i said postpaid AT&T customers

I can imagine post or prepaid it would work with out a data plan..same signal, same phone..AND anyhow Ive put my postpaid sim in it and it works fine with no data on it. I just use my wifi.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    The veer requires a minimum of a $15 smartphone data plan for all postpaid AT&T customers. If you have no data plan and stick your AT&T SIM into an HP Veer your account will automatically have a data feature added.

Exactly what happened to me. I won my veer in a giveaway, so it was not purchased under contract. I activated it with my current AT&T SIM card and by the next day AT&T had added a $25 data plan. I couldn't switch to the $15 plan online--just gave me an error--so I had to call to have them switch it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyblueskies View Post
    Exactly what happened to me. I won my veer in a giveaway, so it was not purchased under contract. I activated it with my current AT&T SIM card and by the next day AT&T had added a $25 data plan. I couldn't switch to the $15 plan online--just gave me an error--so I had to call to have them switch it.
    Ok well knowing THAT, I'm gonna stop putting my post paid sim card in my veer and stick to my prepaid sim....