Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Got an email today from AT&T with a subject like "Find great apps for your phone!" Clicked on it and it said at the top "Windows 7/Other" and gave a bunch of app suggestions for Win phones. Sigh.

Hoping just an error in their system about what I have. If not doesn't speak well to their continued support of the OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Got an email today from AT&T with a subject like "Find great apps for your phone!" Clicked on it and it said at the top "Windows 7/Other" and gave a bunch of app suggestions for Win phones. Sigh.

Hoping just an error in their system about what I have. If not doesn't speak well to their continued support of the OS.
    It's a dead platform at this point. Win Phones have something like 35,000 apps to choose from. It speaks to the discontinued support of WebOS

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    It's a dead platform that they sold me 2 months ago and locked me into a 2 year agreement with. Least they could do is pretend it exists for a bit longer.
    I can't really see why any carrier would want to offer webOS support, too bad it never took off, I really like webOS. Unfortunately you're a perfect example of why the carriers won't mess with webOS any longer. Think of how many people just got locked into your situation. Customer service night mare, the only real way to support you would be to give you a new subsidized phone of your choice (or something along those lines), and its no easy task to get a corp store manager to lose his $$$ and do that :-(.
    oo and if you do try to get a new one, dont let them give you a refurb hehe.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarsz View Post
    Unfortunately you're a perfect example of why the carriers won't mess with webOS any longer.
    I object to that. What hassle am I? They sent me an email. I thought it was funny/annoying, but was humorous. So I posted it on the forum. End of story. No problem whatsoever for AT&T.

I am quite content with my purchase and happy to keep it, even if it is never updated. However if HP was to update the Veer to a new version of webOS, and it was available elsewhere but not here because of AT&T, then they would hear from me. If that makes me part of the problem, so be it.