1.    #1  
    On VEER, its a little tricky to sign up the profile for the first time. It requires data capable SIM as WIFI option is not offered. In my company, 6 people used one data sim to create the profile and then inserted the actual sim.

Just checking, how many had liked/wished if VEER had given the WIFI option to register for the first time users?
    This is actually a *feature* of webOS (other than TouchPad), you can bypass this using impostah I believe (never had to actually attempt it personally).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    had that problem too, had a sim card with no data plan

you can bypass firstuse by turning on devmode, turn of wifi, then use impostah like OldSkoolVWLover said

a pain in the ***, i do wish they had that option, but at least theres a way to work around it
    Quote Originally Posted by tEhLoNeR View Post
    ....... pain in the ***, i do wish they had that option, but at least theres a way to work around it
    as compared to activating / updating / just generally using an iphone with itunes? I know what I would rather use :-)
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Good god, don't say the iT**** word in here. Ugh.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    as compared to activating / updating / just generally using an iphone with itunes? I know what I would rather use :-)
    actually no, used a different carrier and had to hacktivate it to use the phone

so i really wouldnt know