Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I'm new to the veer, still waiting for it to be delivered.
    I have a question about the touchstone charger, do you just put your phone on it or does it need a backing cover?
    Veers back cover is touchstone compatible out of the box (and technically not user removable).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply.
    I love my touchstones... 1 at work, 2 for phone and 2 for TouchPads in bedroom, 1 in living room, 1 each in 2 cars, and I have a spare in a VZW box and a spare in the HP packaging (almost ended up with 2 more but missed out on a Pre2 with 2 TS's by like $10). Also have a 3rd TouchPad TS for my backup TouchPad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    is it true that the Touchstone requires a separate cable and not the magnetic one that comes with the Veer? Why didn't HP sell the Touchstone with the cable?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Love touchstone get em on Amazon for $8 and the cords aren't exactly expensive so buy em at whatever length you need
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by T2T3 View Post
    is it true that the Touchstone requires a separate cable and not the magnetic one that comes with the Veer? Why didn't HP sell the Touchstone with the cable?
    Because the Veer is the only webOS phone that can't use the standard cable.

As was said, the cables are pretty cheap in the US and Canada. I have so many webOS device AC Adapters and cables it's getting excessive (I need to test a whole bunch of new ones).

Also to add, is you are in the US, Verizon has been selling the TouchStone for $4.97, with free 2 day shipping.
    I hope the TouchStone from Verizon is compatible with the VEER since I just ordered it. Also got the data cable/charger to go with it too.
    I hope the TouchStone from Verizon is compatible with the VEER since I just ordered it. Also got the data cable/charger to go with it too.
    You will be fine 5 of my TouchStones came from VZW, all worked fine with original Pres, Veers, and Pre2.
    Sure is!

Unfortunately, I made the noobie mistake of ordering just the TouchStone without the separate "Wall Charger"... So, I'm using the charger plug that came with my Veer, and a Micro USB cable that came with one of my old BlackBerries - all of my other data cables wouldn't fit in the recessed socket on the TouchStone, and the BB cable fits if I jam the blankety-blank in just right.

I just ordered another 'Stone, and 2 Wall Chargers to go with 'em just today. So much more convenient to charge than the traditional plug-in style.