1.    #1  
    I've always been under the impression that leaving any rechargeable electronic plugged in was bad for it's battery. That over time, it would "grow dependent" on being on a charger. That it was better to cycle a battery? (Discharge to almost empty before charging full)

So, is it bad to constantly be charging a Veer (or Pre) on it's touchstone while on my desk at work?

I am only really worried with the Veer because of the small stationary battery that you can not replace.

-Thoughts? Facts?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Different type of battery.

Modern Lithium Ion and Lithium ion polymer batteries don't degrade when on a charger the way NiCd, or NiMH did. The lifetime is governed by time and recharge cycles so it actually should last longer on the charger all the time than lots of on/off charger. No need to fully drain either as that was needed to combat recharge hysteresis of older battery types.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    Different type of battery.

Modern Lithium Ion and Lithium ion polymer batteries don't degrade when on a charger the way NiCd, or NiMH did. The lifetime is governed by time and recharge cycles so it actually should last longer on the charger all the time than lots of on/off charger. No need to fully drain either as that was needed to combat recharge hysteresis of older battery types.
    agreed! Used TS on Pre's, Veers, TouchPads, and Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...