Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    When I open the Voice Dial app, the app opens and then a few seconds after closes. I thought it might be due to patches so I doctored my device and tried again. This time it opened and I got to do give it one command. Then I installed Preware, and rebooted. That's it. And the Voice Dial does exactly what it did with all the patches?

Is this a bug or is it my device?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Anyone else try the Voice Dial app?

Does it crash without even letting you speak a command?
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    Anyone else try the Voice Dial app?

Does it crash without even letting you speak a command?
    Yep, same here. Still searching for more info.
    pretty useless application
    my Veer has not been Prewared
    yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Artichoke View Post
    pretty useless application
    my Veer has not been Prewared
    yet
    Interesting... I haven't found any concrete info on the web or in this community that would confirm that a bug causes the veer's voicedial to prematurely terminate before allowing user voice input. However, after doing a hard reset on our veer, the first time I used the voicedial it worked as it should have. But, all attempts to use voicedial after that resulted in the voicedial shutting down before voice input could be given.

Are there others having this issue? Anyone have any suggestions or theories?

Thanks in advance!
    I'd love a patch to fix this :\

I believe the service is crashing, not the app itself. If i disable the service the app doesn't close but just hangs there unable to process voice commands because the service is disabled.

i.e.

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"enableVoiceCommand":false}'

test app behavior, app remains open.

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.systemservice/setPreferences '{"enableVoiceCommand":true}'

crashes to phone dialer.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    For some odd reason which I ignore, the app fixed itself. I realized that when I had connected my veer to a bluetooth device and accidentally pressed voice dial.

Given nothing else was changed, maybe try connecting a bluetooth device. Now it works with or without one.
    For some odd reason which I ignore, the app fixed itself. I realized that when I had connected my veer to a bluetooth device and accidentally pressed voice dial.

Given nothing else was changed, maybe try connecting a bluetooth device. Now it works with or without one.
    From day 1, I haven't been able to reliably use VD on the Veer. When it does work, it never recognizes the right name. Since it doesn't "confirm" before dialing, I end up calling all the wrong people... And to make matters worse, after using VD, it messes up all my ringtones (all of them sound muffled after using VD) until I reboot
    ok, i"m having same issue n e fix yet?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hpalmpad View Post
    ok, i"m having same issue n e fix yet?
    oddly enough, my issue fixed itself alone within 2-3 days. I didn't do anything different and yet it started working. Out of curiosity, try connecting a Bluetooth headset to it and voicedial from the headset.
    ok, tried it but no go..
    its a well known bug.
    When I open the Voice Dial app, the app opens and then a few seconds after closes. I thought it might be due to patches so I doctored my device and tried again. This time it opened and I got to do give it one command. Then I installed Preware, and rebooted. That's it. And the Voice Dial does exactly what it did with all the patches?

Is this a bug or is it my device?
    tried out my voice dial and it works with no crashes. Tried it several times just to be sure. Even tho mine seems to be working, so far I have found no need to use it
    Last edited by c_legaspi; 12/21/2011 at 10:44 PM.