1.    #1  
    Okay, so I've a little problem. Hopefully someone has some ideas because I'm about to tear my hair out.

I'm on my second unlocked Veer. The first one I got I didn't know about the geo-restrictions on the App Catalog, and in order to test it, I stuffed in a UK SIM (Orange). Naturally, I ended up with the UK App Catalog. Sigh. I've sold that one on eBay, with full disclosure about the geo lock, for a heck of a lot less than I bought it for. Double Sigh.

I went into my Palm Profile, and removed the Veer I sold. I already have a 32Gb Touchpad in there, and it's correctly seeing the *US* App Catalog.

Enter *brand new, never been used* HP Veer from EBay. I unwrapped it, *didn't put ANY SIM in it*, put it into Devmode, installed Preware and Impostah from my PC over USB, and went into Activation on Impostah. Chose United States and English. Gave it my Palm Profile ID, and went into the App Catalog. Accepted the App Catalog user agreement, and then screamed - it's *still* the UK App Catalog. On a totally different, unused Veer. The first one isn't in my Palm Profile - the only thing in there is my Touchpad with it's US App Catalog access, and now my *new* Veer, which is hitting the UK Catalog. I'm screwed. I don't know what to do :'(.

Anybody any suggestions? I know I can't change the Geo lock (thanks HP) but WHY did it happen? What do I need to do to avoid it happening a third time??? I'm just about ready to cry round about now :'(. Anybody want the Veer for what I paid for it, because I *really* want one with the US App Catalog .
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    You can change the geo lock on a pre3 by registering it on the same webOS account as a TouchPad. Once done both with have the same app catalog (whichever the TouchPad had).
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Why not simply use a new profile instead of using one that is already linked to the UK catalog? I am assuming that you don't have much invested, in terms of bought apps, in your existing profile.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    You can change the geo lock on a pre3 by registering it on the same webOS account as a TouchPad. Once done both with have the same app catalog (whichever the TouchPad had).
    Which is the situation I have. Here's the course of events I'm order:

1. I buy a Veer. Accidentally stick a UK SIM in it, geo locking the App catalog to the UK. Configure a profile using aboth a Gmail and a Hotmail account, neither work. Delete the Veer from both profiles.

2. My Touchpad arrives. I set it up, on the Gmail profile, and it has the US App catalog.

3. Doctor the Veer. Go through the process again and give it the same profile (the Gmail one) that the Touchpad is on. Veer still only sees a UK App Catalog. Delete Veer from Prrofile, leaving only the Touchpad. Sell Veer on eBay.

4. Buy a new Veer, that has never had a SIM in it. Totally different IMEI. Devmode it and install Preware and Impostah. Activate phone with United States and English as country and language using Impostah, and give it the Gmail profile that the Touchpad is on. Go into the App Catalog on the Veer, and it's UK. Touchpad is still US. Remember, the Veer is new and "virgin" - it has at no point had ANY SIM put in it.

I'm really, really frustrated now. I've no ideas on what to do, and don't want to buy another Veer only to have the same thing happen yet again. What am I doing wrong?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Why not simply use a new profile instead of using one that is already linked to the UK catalog? I am assuming that you don't have much invested, in terms of bought apps, in your existing profile.
    But is it linked to the UK? The Touchpad is on the same Palm Profile, and it's on the US App Catalog. I'm worried that now even if I use a different Palm Profile, the thing' going to be geo-locked by it's IMEI at the server en to the UK App Store now anyway :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by marktho View Post
    But is it linked to the UK? The Touchpad is on the same Palm Profile, and it's on the US App Catalog. I'm worried that now even if I use a different Palm Profile, the thing' going to be geo-locked by it's IMEI at the server en to the UK App Store now anyway :-(
    My suggestion to create and use a new profile was in response to your query below:
    What do I need to do to avoid it happening a third time???
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    My suggestion to create and use a new profile was in response to your query below:
    :-) well, I'm game - I'll give it another shot and create another new profile :-)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You should use the same profile for your TouchPad and Veer.
    If you do not see the US AppCat on your Veer, but you do on your TouchPad, something is def-0 off. Perform an Erase data and apps from Device Info, and log back into your Palm Profile.
    If this does not help, something may be wrong with your profile and you should contact HeartBeatz.
    Thanks - I'll carry on fiddling with it. It's just strange since the TP is okay :-)
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Which is the situation I have. Here's the course of events I'm order:

1. I buy a Veer. Accidentally stick a UK SIM in it, geo locking the App catalog to the UK. Configure a profile using aboth a Gmail and a Hotmail account, neither work. Delete the Veer from both profiles.

2. My Touchpad arrives. I set it up, on the Gmail profile, and it has the US App catalog.

3. Doctor the Veer. Go through the process again and give it the same profile (the Gmail one) that the Touchpad is on. Veer still only sees a UK App Catalog. Delete Veer from Prrofile, leaving only the Touchpad. Sell Veer on eBay.

4. Buy a new Veer, that has never had a SIM in it. Totally different IMEI. Devmode it and install Preware and Impostah. Activate phone with United States and English as country and language using Impostah, and give it the Gmail profile that the Touchpad is on. Go into the App Catalog on the Veer, and it's UK. Touchpad is still US. Remember, the Veer is new and "virgin" - it has at no point had ANY SIM put in it.

I'm really, really frustrated now. I've no ideas on what to do, and don't want to buy another Veer only to have the same thing happen yet again. What am I doing wrong?
    You don't give it the TP's gmail profile...you log into the TP's webOS account with the same email and password.
    I know this works for Pre 3s.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Try this:

1. Doctor the Veer to default or do a wipe-reboot.
    2. Without using Impostah just try to login to your TP's account upon first start.
    3. Go to App Catalog and see if its in $

If that doesn't work, post and I'll tell you what I did.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mize View Post
    You don't give it the TP's gmail profile...you log into the TP's webOS account with the same email and password.
    I know this works for Pre 3s.
    Got it - by Gmail profile, what I meant was that my WebOS profile is my Gmail mail address. So when I activated with Impostah, at the bottom where it asked for the Palm Profile, I put in <my-address>@gmail.com which is the same one that my TP uses. When I go and log on to my profile at https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface I see the Touchpad there. See the attached screenshot - I've just removed the serial number and the first part of the mail address.

I removed (both) Veers from the profile. I'll give it another go today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I hope it works... And I hope it can work with a Pixi Plus. I don't have a TouchPad yet (one from HP SMB should come some day...), so I can't try it, but I will check back to see if it worked for you.

I messed up by using an unsupported carrier in the US. Then I tried redoctoring with an AT&T SIM, and that doesn't work. There has to be a way!