webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP Veer > Alternate method of viewing PDF files?
Alternate method of viewing PDF files?

Old 09/20/2011, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Is there an alternate way of viewing PDF files and PDF email attachments? My viewer seems to dislike most (though not all) PDF's, returning error message "Render Document Failed".

There are a few files I can view, but I still did not figure out what makes them acceptable to the viewer - it does not seem to be the size.

I checked the other PDF-related threads, but no success; the most current one just deteriorated into an unrelated complaint stream, no solutions.

I would not mind using a separate PDF viewer application, if such exists.
rdwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/20/2011, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone has a good recommendation to make?
DivineArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/21/2011, 03:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

As far as I know there exists no other pdf app... recently someone published a javascript pdf reader, it would be great to build that into a webos app.
Garfonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/04/2013, 11:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a problem getting one pdf to open on the Veer. Tried Nitro Reader (free version) on my desktop to open the pdf and Save As a Flattened PDF. This apparently changes annotations and form fields so they are no longer interactive.

Worked for me. Hope this helps.
hangten10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/05/2013, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Picsel Smart Office can handle pdf's. I haven't bought it so I can't comment on it's stability. Anyone else got Picsel and can comment on its ability to read pdf's? I thought I heard someone say they couldn't figure out how to set it as the default pdf handler.
mjensen71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/27/2013, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Tazmorator (Leader Emeritus)

any updates?
Old 02/27/2013, 08:20 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have Smart Office P on my Pre3 and PDF files open up straight from the prog. There's a "my documents" folder in there, basically a file browser, and you choose. There is no default reader to open since it's done "in house" and you can even view in landscape mode. Definitely worth the $9.99 and worlds better than QuickOffice. If you're interested in purchasing this, make sure you search for Smart Office "P" or it may not show up in your results.
fatclue_98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf viewer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0