1.    #1  
    Hi, All!
    Please help me! I have trouble - when i making call screen off (with touchscreen) and never on (while reboot), in earphone i hear sound, but can't do anything.
    i have HP Veer (AT&T Unlocked).
    It is possible to fix it fix soft or it hardware bug?
    With Great Regards

PS: Sorry for my English.
    Last edited by Break Action; 09/15/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I too have the same problem when i made a call the screen was just blank and whilst in the call i had no control over the screen it would not come back on anyone else?

Update just read some forums its todo with the patched installed via preware i have reset my phone via doctor and its all good again so if anyone else is having the same symtoms then wipe via doctor.

Update i still have a problem looks like i am not the only one
    Last edited by jutleys; 09/16/2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break Action View Post
    Hi, All!
    Please help me! I have trouble - when i making call screen off (with touchscreen) and never on (while reboot), in earphone i hear sound, but can't do anything.
    i have HP Veer (AT&T Unlocked).
    It is possible to fix it fix soft or it hardware bug?
    With Great Regards

PS: Sorry for my English.
    There have been reports about screens not coming back on. For some people it was a hardware issue and required replacement from HP.

But some things to check:
    - The proximity sensor is in the upper right corner of the screen. If you accidentally have a finger up near there, it will keep the screen blank. This is pretty easy to do on the Veer since it's so small.
    - Some screen protectors can cause the proximity sensor to think that it's still held up to your face. So if you're using one, you might try removing it.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I have tries wipeing with doctor when i am on a call my screen does not go blank it stays on and sometimes it goes blank and will not come back on?
    Yes I think its the sensor in the upper right corner.
    After placing a call hit the speaker phone button, screen should stay lit.
    If you want call to be at your ear just place it to your ear for a couple of seconds and pull it back away from your ear and it should light up again or just press the power button and it should light up that way.
    Make sure you keep your finger away from that sensor though because thats what is shutting the screen light off.
    I've had my Veer for 5 days and I had this problem on 1st day and not since. Only one call.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Ok guys a found the problem it was the screen protector i have removed it completly and now i have no problems at all working the way it should be confirmes 100% so if you are having the same problems try removing any film screen protector off the screen it works.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I had this same problem until I learned to quit covering the proximity sensor with my finger.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I remember having this problem on the original Palm Pre.
    The issue was the screen protector.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Just out of curiosity, what brand was the screen protector?

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums