Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes
    Thanks, Just sent the payment.
    unlock code received ... ya

Waiting for my Veer

Thanks so much GuyFromNam
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    is there any need to keep the unlock code, once you have unlocked the phone ?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    doesn't veer need any usb drivers to connect PC(windows or linux) system?, as is the case with any other phones(android or windows), i've been searching for that(whether it needs drivers or not), not seen any post neither confirming that nor unconfirmed that, just seen a post mentioning novacom driver which by the way installs automatically with latest webos quick install.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    None whatsoever.
    It can only be relocked by HP/Palm repair (which they will if you send it in, using another lock code), and DigitalUnlock will in that case offer you a free unlock.
    I assume if we ever have to use WebOS doctor to restore the phone, then we can use the same unlock code again ? That should be reason enough to save it somewhere - though it is great to know the Digital Unlock will help in future too if needed!
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywebos View Post
    I assume if we ever have to use WebOS doctor to restore the phone, then we can use the same unlock code again ? That should be reason enough to save it somewhere - though it is great to know the Digital Unlock will help in future too if needed!
    Doctoring the phone does not effect the 'locked/unlocked' status of a phone. Once unlocked, the phone remains unlocked 'forever' and no amount of doctoring will change that. There is just one exception to the 'forever' and that is if you send the phone to HP/PAlm for repairs, then they will probably relock the phone.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Doctoring the phone does not effect the 'locked/unlocked' status of a phone. Once unlocked, the phone remains unlocked 'forever' and no amount of doctoring will change that. There is just one exception to the 'forever' and that is if you send the phone to HP/PAlm for repairs, then they will probably relock the phone.
    HP likely won't re-lock your phone during repair, but if they do happen to, the same code should work. If not, we'll re-unlock it for free, even if HP decides to replace it with a new device.
    Big thanks to both GuyFromNam and DigitalUnlock,

Program/Unlock code worked, and tested with T-Mobile SIM card!

Figured out to bypass 3G/4G and setup Palm Profile by WiFi via Preware!

Enjoy, Veer2
    Hey folks!
    I ran into some folks that still needed codes for a lot of phones, so if anyone is still in need of unlock codes, i'm willing to coordinate a Veer Group buy!
    Of course, the price of JIC would be great to know too, but incase it doesn't end up being that cheap, hit up this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ng-thread.html

Thanks so much guyfromnam for doing this twice, we really appreciate your work and time!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    May be a little late to the party.....

Got My codes and it worked. Also purchased the homebrew preware documentation app. Next step try preware!
    Just in case somebody else faces a problem with unlock, I guess just reimaging the phone using webosdoctor should help. I had to do it that way.
    For some reason the unlock application kept saying "Got (0) bytes" (may be the phone was not rebooting - stuck?).
    Anways, thanks GFN and digitalunlock for all the work for making this happen.
    I tried finding out JIC's prices for single unlocks and they didn't seem very cheap, for folks info.

Also, looks like the next group buy will happen today (monday) so if interested, hit me up ASAP!
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    Booya, got my veer in the mail today finally and sent payment and completed the google docs form.

Cant wait to unlock this little thing already!
    i want in on group buy for unlock. I have 5 I want to unlock. is there a way to still get in on group by?
    Edit: Got mine a few hours after!

Dont forget to check your spam folders!
    Last edited by kngkelly; 10/05/2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Can this also be done for the Pre3? How much?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    After first entering the registration code, it shows I have zero credits or unlocks. I assumed that meant I had just used it. At the finish of the process, there is no unlock code. Could having had network difficulty during the unlock have fouled up digitalunlock's credit use tracking or something?

upon trying the process, I am prompted to buy more unlocks.

Help!
    Hi all!
    What do you think about this (Unlocker for Palm Pre GSM Phones) way of unlocking? Can we do it on veer?
    Last edited by iotsose; 10/09/2011 at 12:45 PM.
    Sounds like someone ripped of Max' work.
    Sorry, I don't understand. I'm newbie and my English is very bad. Can you detail or rephase?
    Sounds like someone ripped of Max' work.
    Sounds like either you should have evidence when making such claims, or blow it out of your ***.

FWIW, I haven't even known that JIC unlocker. Basically, I've recycled a weakness in the qualcomm firmware that has been known from the days when I wrote the unlocker for the Option GI0225.
    Maybe ask HP to give us the driver, as developers?