Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree91Likes
    Hey, just sent you a PM for one unlock code!
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Slightly off-topic - but I suspect many WebOS/Veer newbies here like me. I have been reading away the boards and am dazed and confused by all the buzzwords - "preware", "impostah", "webos quick install" etc etc.

My guess is that one of the first things to do (perhaps possible even before unlocking!)
    - put phone into Devmode
    - connect to a WiFi hostpost
    - Do a webos quick install of "preware", "impostah" etc.
    - Use "impostah" to create a Palm profile (and NOT with your carrier SIM inside) for
    maximum flexibility with what do with your phone
    - buy preware homebrew documentation app.

Does this sound about right ?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Hi..

Really enjoyable conversation, absolute control like a Ring Master in the Circus.
    Good You are holding All with your spell.Cheers WEB OS COMMUNITY.
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    PM sent. Requesting 3 Unlock codes...
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emkaywebos View Post
    Slightly off-topic - but I suspect many WebOS/Veer newbies here like me. I have been reading away the boards and am dazed and confused by all the buzzwords - "preware", "impostah", "webos quick install" etc etc.

My guess is that one of the first things to do (perhaps possible even before unlocking!)
    - put phone into Devmode
    - connect to a WiFi hostpost
    - Do a webos quick install of "preware", "impostah" etc.
    - Use "impostah" to create a Palm profile (and NOT with your carrier SIM inside) for
    maximum flexibility with what do with your phone
    - buy preware homebrew documentation app.

Does this sound about right ?
    Me too looking for a tutorial, something like "Get started guide" for TP in TP section, for newbies(even entirely new to webos like me) to guide me step by step process to setup the process(especially for like me, outsied USA), as it is important to do it rightly. Getting my veer in 3 days, waiting for it.

To GuyFromNam: count 3 more for me total 6, pm sent, pls update my unlocks to 6
    Send PM with email for 1 unlock code - Check.
    Post in this thread - Check.
    Click Thanks - Check.
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    No.

Read this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/worldwi...trictions.html

Do this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-impostah.html

And wait till you get your Veer before asking more questions, because by the sound of it, you haven't got it yet.
    I have the Veer. The threads are extra-helpful - but definitely not sufficiently *****/dummy-proof for a real newbie. I have read those threads, but here are the things I have stumbled on so far.

- Type #* on keyboard (to start getting into developer mode). A newbie like me was using the Shift-Key with B/Z - surprise! not needed - just type BZ - was not obvious to this dummy.
    - Some threads tell you that the rest of the DEVMODE# has to be in on screen dialer - others don't make it clear. Some tell you that you have to hit dial after that - others don't. This dummy stumbled on all those!
    - After the Devmode screen shows up, and you slide the on-screen slider to ON, some threads tell you that you will be prompted to reboot. My veer did not - had to do it with the power button - but this dummy waited patiently !
    - After reboot I struggled with how to switch off the Devmode. Some threads tell you do it the same way you get into it - Ha but the #*DEVMODE*<dial> is only for first time. After that the "Just Type" takes over and does not let you get it back. So then I discover the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart way - it seems that is the way to do it after the first time!
    - It brings up the Devmode App, you slide it to off - and every thread tells you to wait for reboot - no - my phone does not ask me to reboot.

Maybe there are differences between various WebOS devices and even software releases - but plenty of things for a first timer dummy to stumble over.

But these threads and the community is great! I am keeping a log of my stumbles, will try to write up a cheat-sheet of all the stumbles - once I achieve lift-off ! (To help other dummies like me!)
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    First of all: I am in no way affiliated with or working for DigitalUnlock.

This thread will stay OPEN UNTIL SUNDAY MIDNIGHT CET.
    If you read this, you can still join.
    Those who can't or won't wait, can puchase an unlock code at full price here of course:
    DigitalUnlock: Unlock your HP Veer.

Rules:
    #1 -Read this thread. Read every post. Don't ask me questions that have been answered already. I will kick you off the list before you even made it there.
    #2 - PM me your PayPal e-mail address and the number of unlocks you would be interested in, and I'll see if I can get DigitalUnlock to make us another offer.
    #3 - Post in this thread to make it the HOTTEST thread around.
    #4 - Show appreciation. Click the Thanks button on this forum when you think someone is helping you. Start by clicking mine, as I'm doing you a favor and I don't know you.
    #5 - I also expect every one of you to purchase the Preware Homebrew Documentation app.
    In a world of freeloaders, the webOS community shows heart.

If your PM does not contain the required info, your PM will be deleted and you will not be added to the list. I won't even bother to tell you you can't read.

Do not PM me any questions. Your PM will be deleted and you will not be added to the list.
    a - Check the DigitalUnlock link for more info.
    b - Look in the previous Group Buy thread here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...ount-here.html
    c- You can find all info by using the Search function of this forum.

And do not send me friendship requests unless you're willing to pay me to be your friend.

248 Total
    2 cabezon2011
    3 IsLNdbOi
    6 buytree
    1 walscobry
    1 SuedeGopher
    1 jutleys
    1 JohnLBurger
    2 gguile
    1 asucks
    1 memeds
    3 norra
    1 jvanhou
    3 hizach
    1 ahicksjr
    1 lisletc
    1 kokyong57
    1 umike
    1 drmed
    1 cjriedel
    1 mango86
    2 hkgnyc
    2 mrossi01
    1 mgcnm3
    6 st_7
    1 jk1930
    2 docbert
    1 hkechung
    1 crazydeal
    2 Verko
    1 davsalinas
    1 c_legaspi
    1 zenzombie
    1 rperalta
    1 hari24
    1 whemix
    1 Duster
    2 eworker888
    1 sahil0984
    1 calroth
    1 rdwalker
    15 pardhar
    3 pattu007
    14 hpunlockcodes
    2 shrxwin
    2 vijuj
    4 nazTkat
    2 nikoloz17
    1 heymisterdj
    1 JamesChuang
    2 sapient2k7
    2 hitgerry
    4 4veer
    7 omaqsood
    1 jtprec
    5 deitaDi
    1 leyna
    1 Jempen
    1 bulls96
    1 dinod
    1 ping758
    1 eighthree
    1 isisvictor
    6 pslak1
    2 supahheavy
    1 thiyagy
    3 zingiber
    1 bloo123456
    10 texagp
    1 daveamar
    1 Uraeus
    1 gotnorhythm
    10 chule2011
    5 sanakin
    1 summatusmentis
    2 tech4pk
    1 mmorsy
    1 ap3604
    1 nbdylovesyou
    1 zefyx
    1 Audemars02
    3 xlopchik
    1 emkaywebos
    1 dgdonovan
    1 T2T3
    2 vwsswv
    3 jdevora
    1 syracuse86
    1 prudviraj
    1 R6forever
    16 nanohub88
    5 hkgolden1988
    1 every1talk2me
    6 madprinceras
    1 Lozil
    1 arjags
    1 mazman37
    1 Seburo
    1 pavvento
    1 kristytan
    2 guptasan
    1 markwightman
    1 tzhao451
    1 Satan Satan Satan
    2 veer2
    1 mohazab
    1 paniken
    1 traschle
    1 kngkelly
    1 chicofernet
    3 webby495
    1 DirtyDen
    Thanks and sent PM for 4 codes.
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    pm sent, 1 code
    GuyFromNam likes this.
    PM sent,
    Thanks GFN for all the work you are putting in. Appreciate it
    GuyFromNam and jtprec like this.
    Pm sent for 1 code.
    Hope to activate this little beauty soon. :-)
    WOOHOO! We were able to get 100+ more requests by rallying through the weekend!

Super-hyper-mega-kudo-thanks to GuyFromNam for setting this up, keeping us all in check, and negotiating with Digital Unlock on our collective behalf.

Platinum-coated-mirror-polished-diamond-encrusted-thanks to Digital Unlock for your work on doing what AT&T and HP couldn't (and wouldn't) do for their customers. (N.B.: although AT&T has no vested interest in unlocking a device from their network, it's still goodwill for a discontinued device - who knows, I may be on AT&T in the future anyway)

All-of-the-above-thanks to PreCentral.net - I have no worries that webOS will live on long after HP has finished "extracting the value" out of it. You guys are fantastic, keep up the great work!
    gotnorhythm and hizach like this.
    Sent a PM for one unlock code. Thanks!
    Last edited by robertfarkle; 09/25/2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Too much quote
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Thanks GFN and all those involved .
    Hurrayyy.. cant wait to touch my veer online... thanks GFN
    Last edited by zingiber; 09/26/2011 at 07:28 AM.
    from treo 180 to the Veer
    Thank You GFN..
    Thanks GFN
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Thanks GFN
    I missed reading the post during the weekend. How do we have to make the payment? I was expecting to receive an email but nothing till now. Could you please advice if I missed anything. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thank you GuyFromNam. Aprreciate all the work you put into this group buy. Looking forward to it!
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast