Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    If the german veer gets updated, perhaps usa ones could be metadoctored to the same version like vzw pre 2's required before 2.1 was pushed
  2. #22  
    I keep hoping for a meta doctor right now from the Pre3, I just want TTS on the Veers and Pre2
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble, but unless AT&T begins to feel generous, the Veer will not see another update. I was at the NYC webOS meetup today. Ben Combee from Dev relations was there , and he said phones will more than likely not see any updates. This is because they must get approved and tested by carriers before getting pushed to devices. Because of HP's recent announcements, carriers are not willing to dedicate time and resources to test & push out updates for webOS, because all the phones have been discontinued.

    At best, the unlocked Pre 2 may see updates; but he said even that is slim, due to the fact that people who worked on webOS hardware & did testing for phones have either been re-assigned to another unit in HP or let go.

    The TouchPad will continue to see updates, but as far as phones go the unlocked Pre 2 is the only one with a chance, and it's a small chance at that.
    If AT&T does do that, I assume they will let me out of my 2 yr contact?
  4. #24  
    A newbie qn. I'm in Singapore, will i get the update if there is any for veer?
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    If AT&T does do that, I assume they will let me out of my 2 yr contact?
    Exactly, it doesn't make sense they would dump updates for the Veer when it is their latest US phone. It makes more sense for them to dump the older phones and keep updating the Veer. Also, my local ATT store is still selling the Veer for $99 on a 2-year contract, as is att.com. I don't see how they can do that if they are not going to provide updates for the phone.

    I don't think this Dev guy is correct.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by kokyong57 View Post
    A newbie qn. I'm in Singapore, will i get the update if there is any for veer?
    Yup, either OTA or via the doctor when it is released. (assuming there is an update) Updates are not location specific in general, time of update may be location specific.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7. #27  
    Any thoughts as to whether or not Skype will be included if there is an update?
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyjc2001 View Post
    Any thoughts as to whether or not Skype will be included if there is an update?
    There is a greater chance of no update. And the chance of skype even if there was an update is low to begin with.

    in other words, don't count on it.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  9. #29  
    I bought a Veer from eBay because I was sick of Android, and today my fire sale Touchpad finally got delivered.

    I contacted HP support after pairing my Veer with my Touchpad via Bluetooth...it worked great for calls, but didn't work for texts...at the time, I didn't realize I needed webOS 2.2 in order to do it. Anyway, the HP support rep told me webOS 2.2 was coming for the Veer "soon", but didn't have a date.

    I want to believe! But honestly, it seems more and more like I'll never see an official AT&T release of webOS 2.2 for the Veer...but I'd love to see HP release it so we could get it onto our Veers with metadoctor!
  10. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #30  
    Thanks. Hope it is true but we shall see.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_TWR View Post
    I bought a Veer from eBay because I was sick of Android, and today my fire sale Touchpad finally got delivered.

    I contacted HP support after pairing my Veer with my Touchpad via Bluetooth...it worked great for calls, but didn't work for texts...at the time, I didn't realize I needed webOS 2.2 in order to do it. Anyway, the HP support rep told me webOS 2.2 was coming for the Veer "soon", but didn't have a date.

    I want to believe! But honestly, it seems more and more like I'll never see an official AT&T release of webOS 2.2 for the Veer...but I'd love to see HP release it so we could get it onto our Veers with metadoctor!
    I keep hoping as well. One of the reasons we went to ATT vs VZW from Sprint is that VZW is even worse with upgrades. So we are hoping for 2.2 on the Veers and on the unlocked Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    If AT&T does do that, I assume they will let me out of my 2 yr contact?
    Total newbie here, but honestly if AT&T does this, would that be grounds for ending my contract? Or is that just a pipe dream?
  13. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by LOV3LikeRockets View Post
    Total newbie here, but honestly if AT&T does this, would that be grounds for ending my contract? Or is that just a pipe dream?
    I have no idea, but I think it would be hard.

    Seems to me we would need some concrete evidence that the update exists (say, if it came to Germany but not to the US), we would be able to go into AT&T and complain. And perhaps if you are loud enough, on an individual basis, they would do something for you just to shut you up. But beyond that not sure.
  14. #34  
    Can't they make an update from the SDK?
  15. lougw's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    #35  
    WebOS 2.2.3 doctor is out for the AT&T Pre3, it appears. (From Pre3 forum)

    I am going to hope like heck that if they are updating a device that was never really released, they are going to update a device running on the same network that was released and sold for a few months. Right? Right?
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    WebOS 2.2.3 doctor is out for the AT&T Pre3, it appears. (From Pre3 forum)

    I am going to hope like heck that if they are updating a device that was never really released, they are going to update a device running on the same network that was released and sold for a few months. Right? Right?
    Veer is still for sale.

    I still think we will see updates to the Veer and the Pre2, also the TouchPad. They continue to say they are working on and interested in software. The fact that this doctor dropped gives me hope that we will see more.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    jvanhou and kresom like this.
  17. #37  
    they need mobile computing presence & ironically, Apotheker got a good product into a lot of hands
    to abandon this most rapidly growing part of the market would be foolish
    the money (and pride) lost from Apotheker's Folly could be recouped with great interest should they make the TP/Veer/Pre3 work together
    there is a new sheriff in town & I am hoping she recognizes this moment's opportunity
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions