Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Garfonso
  1.    #1  
    Well how many veer owners are out there that also have the pre 3?

I bought my pre 3 from cleverboxes and had around a week with it and yesterday had a white veer delivered to the uk for me to try. I must say though that after 24 hours with the veer I'm loving the smaller size of it and think I might use this as my daily.

How are the other owners of both devices getting on and which do you prefer?
    Only downside to the veer for me is missing out on 2.2 to go with my 32GB touchpad

Dave

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    Wish I could get a Pre3. My original plan was a Pre3 for when I knew I would need the bigger screen or extra batter and Veer for my daily going to work and what not.

Our original Pres were CDMA, so I am now thinking about settling with a Pre2 for the multi battery/bigger screen scenario and being able to swap between the 2 when needed. Either way, I want 2.2 too!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    The only major difference I find is that the screen is smaller, although the keyboard is smaller its still nice to type on and the veer battery lasts so much longer. Have been at work longer today than normal with awful signal and more internet usage, still have 34% left where the pre 3 would be around 20% by now with 4 hours less at work

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Proud webOS supporter!
    My Palm history: Vx, Centro, Pre-, Pre 2, Veer, Pre 3, Touchpad 32Gb & Panda Veer
    WOW that's good to know. At least gives me one reason not to be sad about no Pre3.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I have both and find I'm using them 50/50 - there are TONS of times that the smaller form factor is just plain AWESOME! - I use two different webOS accounts to do this and have different sim cards in each with different plans - one a $50 unlimited everything the other a more limited set of data and pay per minute.

Both are great - I don't think I'd ever want to give up the Veer - the Pre 3 is great but the Veer is my personal favorite webOS phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Our original Pres were CDMA, so I am now thinking about settling with a Pre2 for the multi battery/bigger screen scenario and being able to swap between the 2 when needed. Either way, I want 2.2 too!
    That's what I'm doing (the Pre2 fits perfectly in the ProClip I have, so it's great for trips). However, after going from Veer -> Pre2 -> Veer, I'm going to set up a different profile for the Pre2. I knew that only one phone could be on a profile at a time, but I didn't realize that when you switch, signing back into the profile resets all the apps and other data. So all the homebrew stuff was gone and more importantly, the info about the patches was gone too. I used save/restore to back things up, but maybe I didn't do something in the right order or something. I'll have to doctor both of them and purchase 2nd copies of the apps I'll use on the Pre2.
    I own a Veer (which is in repair with HP for something like a month now... they always say it will be shipped next week (() and got a Pre3 on saturday.

So currently I'm only using the Pre3 while waiting for my Veer to come back... The Pre3 is a great device. But currently it really suffers from the Too-Many-Card Error and rod whitby said somewhere that the Pre3 only has 380MB of RAM available to webOs (the rest is for the phone part??). I'm not sure how that's with the Veer, because it's Qualcom, too, right?
    The TMC error only exists since the last update... but before it the Pre3 got very laggy when many apps where opened, so I think there was a compcache in action. Right now I hardly can open new apps, when I'm running my "standard stuff" (E-Mail, Messaging with Google Talk and Skype, Facebook, Feeder, Spare Time, Amigo, two Carbon Twitter Account Cards)... so I kicked twitter currently and switched from music player remix to amigo, which makes things better and I can use the device to my likings, now.

Currently the biggest advantage of the Pre3 is, that it has the newest software on it. Skype really rocks on the phone! Yesterday a friend from bulgaria called my and I recognized only after some time that he was talking over skype. The integration is very good (but I'm not using video calls or something, never did that...). I haven't played a lot with touch to share, yet, but I think I'll try that some more, too.

But when the Veer get's the same software like the Pre3, I'm not so sure if I keep the Pre3 as main phone... sure the bigger screen and resolution is nice. It has some more power than the veer (but that doesn't really matter to me, the veer was fast enough for my daily work).... currently the bigger screen even has some downsides for me. It's practically impossible to open up the Pre3 keyboard with just one hand... the upper part is too thin and the slider is to tight to get it up with the thumb while holding the phone in your palm... and the screen is to big for me to comfortably reach the top with the thumb if holding the phone in the palm. And that's how I use my phone most of the time... with one hand and only one thumb is swiping accross the screen. So I guess, if my Veer comes back and if it get's a software update, it will get my main phone, again, just because it's more suited for the one-hand-use that I need my smartphones for in the train and so on...

Oh my... this got lengthy. I hope it helps, though. Just my thoughts about my two phones right now.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    That's what I'm doing (the Pre2 fits perfectly in the ProClip I have, so it's great for trips). However, after going from Veer -> Pre2 -> Veer, I'm going to set up a different profile for the Pre2. I knew that only one phone could be on a profile at a time, but I didn't realize that when you switch, signing back into the profile resets all the apps and other data. So all the homebrew stuff was gone and more importantly, the info about the patches was gone too. I used save/restore to back things up, but maybe I didn't do something in the right order or something. I'll have to doctor both of them and purchase 2nd copies of the apps I'll use on the Pre2.
    Yeah we transferred my wifes main profile to the Pre2 since it had all the apps from her Pre on it. Gonna setup the Veer with a new Veer only profile since their are less apps available for it anyways.

Not sure if I want to try to do the warranty repair on her Veer, she was having some touchscreen issues, she swears they were frequent.... but they always happened when I wasn't around or I was asleep. I think I will wait a couple weeks to see how she is doing with the Pre2 before I think of contacting HP.