1.    #1  
    Does it work if I have Preware?

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Free tether works fine on the Veer. You can use Preware to download it to your Veer, but it's not dependant on it in any way in order for it to run.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Note that many of us have had problems disengaging free tether on our Veers... it remains connected even if you shut down. But normally going to the main menu at the top and turning wifi off and on works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lougw View Post
    Note that many of us have had problems disengaging free tether on our Veers... it remains connected even if you shut down. But normally going to the main menu at the top and turning wifi off and on works for me.
    Blah, thanks for the reminder, I did a reboot yesterday cuz I couldn't remember the trick for turning it off.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Blah, thanks for the reminder, I did a reboot yesterday cuz I couldn't remember the trick for turning it off.
    I had to reboot today too because I couldn't remember it was the wifi I needed to toggle. Tried the cell radio but that didn't work :P
    LOL as long as it's not just me
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    In my case it's necessary to reboot after using freetether/wifi, because Govnah states that the cpu stays at maximum speed forever after using freetether even if wifi was toggled.
    (environment: stock kernel, german veer, WebOS 2.1.1, all sconix advanced patches)
    Thanks for the heads up prebaco, never though about checking govnah for CPU usage.
    why not just use mobile hot spot?
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

mobile hot spot costs money unless you are on a 4 gig plan with AT&T
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Prebaco wrote this:
    In my case it's necessary to reboot after using freetether/wifi, because Govnah states that the cpu stays at maximum speed forever after using freetether even if wifi was toggled.
    (environment: stock kernel, german veer, WebOS 2.1.1, all sconix advanced patches)

I just have a question:
    what about LUNA RESTART? does that fix the cpu and wifi problem of freetether?