Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    How can I turn off the vibrator when the alarm goes off? I'd like to wake up to the discreet sound of the alarm, not of the whole phone shaking on the bedside table!
    Last edited by gregp; 09/14/2011 at 06:24 AM. Reason: updated titel
    Do you have the "Ringer Switch On", "Rings & Alerts" setting on "Sound & Vibrate"? If so, set it to "Sound". If you want something automated, based on time of day, check out ModeSwitcher @ Application:ModeSwitcher - WebOS Internals.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply... I guess turning off vibrate might work but I want the phone to vibrate when I get calls and messages in both ringer switch states; and I don't really want everything to change at certain times of the day. I just want the alarm to sound, not the vibrator, when I have the ringer switch off, nothing more.

I couldn't find a preware patch for this, how do I request a patch?
    If you don't mind spending 99 cents on an app, Timepiece might work for you. It has the option to have alarms without vibrate. I've been using this because I hate the vibrate for alarms as well, but want it for other things. Also, I like to be able to use mp3s for alarms, which this also does easily and nicely.

The program has some quirks, but I've been able to make it work for me. I did contact the developer for help on some of the issues I was having but never received a response.
    I would just turn vibrate off when you go to bed and turn it back on when you wake up.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.