Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dgdonovan
  1.    #1  
    I got in the group buy for unlocking my Veer. The unlock tool validated the code asked me to put the phone in recovery mode. I put the phone in recovery mode(USB Symbol). The tool started working and got stuck at 15% with message "Waiting for boot". It has been like 30 minutes with no further update. Anybody else face this issue?

Thanks.
    What usb port you are using with your device???
  3.    #3  
    Usb port in front of the computer. Is that an issue? Let me try with ports on the back of the computer.
  4.    #4  
    Awesome, that worked. Thanks! It did not prompt me for to enter unlock code. I guess I need a tmobile sim card for unlocking.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    you did remove the sim card from the phone beforehand right?

i suggest trying again... if the code doesnt work after you try again i suggest complaining to digital unlock and just say it froze in the middle and you havent unlocked yet
    In my experience, you need to put a non-AT&T sim card in the phone in order to get the carrier unlock prompt. I tried to find a star-hash code that would do this without a "foreign" sim card, but couldn't find one.
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am bit confused with the unlock instructions. DigitalUnlock instructions does not say anything about inserting non-ATT SIM. At what stage, do we really need put that non-att sim? Also, it says "old down the white key, the ‘sym’ key and the ‘R’ key at the same time." Where are these buttons located, as I could not actually identified them. Do we have any video tutorial or any other detailed guide?
    The DigitalUnlock program requires you to put the phone in "recovery" mode. Easiest way to get there is to hold the power button until the power off/cancel prompt is displayed. Shut the phone off.

Once it is off, remove any sim card. Press and hold the top side of the volume button down while turning the phone on. Keep holding the volume button until the phone displays the USB icon. Connect the phone to your computer with the supplied magnetic USB cable. Start the DigitalUnlock program. Enter your registration code and select unlock. I believe the program gets the IMEI, and possibly other information, from the phone, goes out to DigitalUnlock's server(s) to compute the unlock code. Finally, it should display the unlock code in a dialog box. Write this code down. Keep it for future reference should the phone ever become locked again.

My experience (from two Veers) was a sim from a carrier other than AT&T (e.g. T-Mobile) had to be inserted into the phone before it prompted for a carrier unlock code. Once here, enter the unlock code and voila, you're good to go.
    Last edited by dgdonovan; 09/15/2011 at 06:25 PM.
    Dan Donovan
    veer2 and markwightman like this.
    I followed the instructions to unlock the Veer with the DigitalUnlock code and when I have rebooted the phone with an AT&T Sim I haven't received any request for the unlock code. Then I have inserted another Sim (not AT&T) and at the reboot I had the request to insert the unlock code. Now it is unlocked and it works with any Sim card.
    I've circled the keys to press in the image I've attached.

Ciao
    M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ^^ Thanks to you both for your valuable inputs. Now, I am very much clear
    [QUOTE=dgdonovan;3157185]
    Press and hold the top side of the volume button down while turning the phone on. Keep holding the volume button until the phone displays the USB icon. Connect the phone to your computer with the supplied magnetic USB cable.... QUOTE]

Better way to put Veer into Recovery Mode when using DigitalUnlock Code. Thanks, Veer2
    EDIT: Sorted! Just kept rebooting and on about the third time it worked!

Hi,

I've followed the instructions as above. I have the unlock code but I am not getting any prompt to enter it. I just get the screen asking me to insert a SIM card. I tried rebooting with and without a SIM card. (SIM card is O2.)
    Last edited by markwightman; 09/29/2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Problem fixed