Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    So my Veer has been great but I have had problems with the phone feature. When calling sometimes I can't hear through the earphone so I have to use the speaker phone. Another thing that happens is the Veer will make a really loud pitch whining noise through the earphone.

Also when people are trying to call my phone, sometimes it just says that my number has been disconnected? But then someone else can call me 2 seconds after and have a call go through.

Any thoughts on a fix for this or what is the problem?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Do you call with the keyboard slider open? I read that on the Pre help to get a better signal, because the antenna is longer that way. Not certain if it's the same for the Veer.

Tips & Tricks Part 1: System and App Launcher | Beginners, Learn, Video |webOSroundup
    Your ear piece not working and having to use speaker phone sounds like the stuck in headset mode. Are you using the 3.5mm adapter prior to having this issue?

Haven't had the whine issue. As far as the number disconnected, that sounds like a carrier side issue. Even if the Veer wasn't getting signal, your caller should get your voicemail. Who is your carrier? And do you have voicemail setup?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I will try leaving the slider open when calling, I think it usually is when I am calling with the slider closed.

Also I am with AT&T and I have my voicemail setup. You are most likely right about the carrier issue, coverage is very spotty here in Hilo, HI. I had many problems with my iPhone 4 and it's signal as well due to AT&T's crappy service.

I did not use the 3.5mm adapter prior to having this issue.

All in all the problem comes and goes and it has gone away for now lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by h11wiscan View Post
    Another thing that happens is the Veer will make a really loud pitch whining noise through the earphone.
    Had this strange behavior 2 times. maybe some kind of crosstalk? anyone else has suggestions on that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tele42 View Post
    Had this strange behavior 2 times. maybe some kind of crosstalk? anyone else has suggestions on that?
    slide up and slide down the phone. try to make a phone call, and the sound should be gone.
    I am also having this problem! It is a horrible problem and I would be very angry if this was my primary phone! Sliding the keyboard up and down fixes it but its a horrible solution
    The microphone is at the bottom of the keyboard, so of course you get significant degradation in the sound quality if you try and speak with the keyboard closed. This is sometimes not as noticeable to you as it is to the caller at the other end of the line.
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

I love the phone and form factor but how can you release a phone that does this? I am glad i dont talm on this as my primary phone because I like talk ing with it closed and this would really bother me daily
    I get this loud screeching sound on occasion no headset plugged in, it happens sometime when ending a call but can also happen when answering a call

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I get this loud screeching sound on occasion no headset plugged in, it happens sometime when ending a call but can also happen when answering a call

When talking to the Mrs, right?
    Lol.... Always!!!